Seven

He wondered how exactly his childhood sweetheart found herself in the loving care of his friends.

After having a fun snowball fight with Meguru, Rensuke immediately offered to help her prepare breakfast. But as she and Rensuke worked in the kitchen wearing her cute Sanrio aprons, the rest of his friends came bustling around her, talking so casually like they had been friends for years.

"That goes well with lemon tea..."

"Nagi, that's natto."

"Did I stutter?"

"Be careful not to let hot oil pop at your hands too much. Blisters can scar."

"I'll try and make it work." (Y/n) smiled at Seishiro before turning to Hyoma. "Thanks!"

As she turned back to continue preparing miso soup, Meguru jumped at her back, laughing as he 'ooh'ed at the soup. 

"That looks good!" He snuggled into her neck. "You smell good too!"

Yoichi's eye twitched as he held back the urge to shove his friend off the poor girl. It irked him how it took years to get him comfortable enough to hug her; yet here Meguru was, outclassing him in PDA almost immediately.

"Bachira, don't jump at someone who's handling something hot." Rensuke scolded, glaring at him as he transferred steaming hot rice to a serving bowl.

"Or just don't jump at her in general." Yoichi frowned, crossing his arms as he joined the group.

He pulled the bi-color-haired boy off the poor girl, then gently lifted her arms to check for any wounds. "Are you okay? Not hurt?"

"I'm okay, Yoichi." (Y/n) chuckled, pulling up her sleeves to show him her unwounded arms. "The fire had been off for some time, anyway. I was just transferring the soup to the bowls—"

"Let me do it then." Yoichi pushed her to the side. "Who knows when Bachira will pull another stunt..."

"Wow, Isagi. Never seen you so overprotective before," Bachira mused. "It's almost as if you..."

A knowing smirk made its way onto his face, "Hey (L/n)~ do you wanna know how Isagi is on the field—"

"Bachira—"

"What, does he swear or something?" (Y/n) chuckled.

"Yeah! He even says the forbidden word..." He leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"Gasp! How could you, Yoichi?!"

"I have regrets about letting you both meet." Yoichi sighed, looking away. "Kunigami and I will handle the serving, all of you just go to the dining room."

Kunigami nodded. "Don't think I didn't notice you leaning on the kitchen aisle, all out of breath, earlier, (L/n)."

"But—"

"No but's, (Y/n)." Yoichi shook his head, waving her off. "You've done enough for us. Time for you to rest."

_______

"Despite the food's simplicity, the cold environment fits our breakfast very well," Reo said as he sipped his bowl of miso soup. "To think I didn't like this as much back at home."

"Maybe it's because we take so long walking to the dining room that the soup gets cold before we can drink." Seishiro pouted, circling his chopsticks in his soup. "I don't like lukewarm miso tofu. It's gross."

"For real, it gets all soggy and mushy." Meguru nodded in agreement, his mouth full of rice. "Hot rice slaps during the winter though."