Lockhart, Quidditch and the cat

Start from the beginning

"Now Mr Potter, they are your family"

"They are also fat...and sweaty"

"Your aunt is your mothers sister"

"She's also a harpy that looks like a giraffe, I have no idea how she and my mum are related. I assume they are adopted because if my mother was half as brilliant as people say she is then there is no way that she is related to her" Harry argued "I don't want anything to do with them and they don't want anything to do with me."

"My boy, you need to be more forgiving" Dumbledore admonished

"No, I figured out a loophole. Can't forgive if you don't care enough to acknowledge their existence" Harry smirked "now, is that all sir?"

"Actually, I was hoping you would tell me where you live?"

"Why?" Harry asked

"My boy I'd like to ensure you're safe" Dumbledore replid

"Where does Lavender Brown live?" Harry asked

"What? What do you mean?"

"Where does she live?" Harry repeated

"I believe she lives in the muggle world."

"Yeah, but where in the muggle world?" Harry asked "London? Surrey? Scotland? Newcastle? Cornwall? Or does she live in an entirely different country?"

"I must confess, I do not know but why are you asking me this?"

"Because I don't understand why you want to know where I live but don't ask the other students" Harry explained

"My boy, if you do not wish to tell me, simply say so" Dumbledore smiled, even though he was a bit annoyed at Harry for not immediately telling him but he had to act like the kind grandfather.

"I do not wish to tell you" Harry said "is there anything else sir?"

"Just one, I am concerned about Miss Rose" Dumbledore and Snape noticed Harry tense.

"Are you?" Harry asked with a forced calmness

"Yes, the professors have noticed that she seems very frightened and the two of you are very attached to each other"

"Rose has been through some bad things" Harry said slowly "she doesn't trust people"

"Except for you" Dumbledore noted

"Well, maybe because I'm the only one willing to do whatever it takes to protect her" Harry inclined his head slightly

"How long have you two known each other?"

"A few years"

"Perhaps you'd be willing to tell me about her experiences, maybe I'd be able to help her if you did"

"No" Harry shook his head

"Mr Potter, myself and the fellow teachers are simply concerned about her and wish to help her

"If she wants you to know then she'll tell you. I'm not saying anything without her permission"

"How admirable of you to display such loyalty" Dumbledore's eyes twinkled "I will not force you to reveal anything but if there is ever something you feel like sharing then feel free to come and talk to me"

"Okay, is that all?" An impatient Harry asked

"Yes, you may leave now"

"Goodbye sir" Harry stood up and left

"He doesn't seem too willing to talk" Dumbledore said to Snape

"Slytherin's don't trust easily headmaster" Snape reminded him