You frequently watched your school football teams matches, whether it was a practice match, or a competitive match, like a qualifiers match for nationals. You were always there, sitting, and observing.

It was a breath of fresh air compared to the monotanous, and repititive life you lived. You weren't a genius or anything, but you were often called a stellar in your studies by your teachers. You worked hard in school, and it used to give you an inexplicable sense of satisfaction when you excelled.

It still does, but it isn't in the same way it used to.

The contentment you gained from it was easily snuffed out - whether it be from people placing their high expectations upon you, or someone outperforming you. It was superficial happiness.

Football? It was something you were rubbish at, you couldn't kick a ball for the life of you - but watching it gave you a strange feeling of fufillment.

It wasn't anything like studying, it wasn't anything that you were already familiar with.

It was free.

When you stepped onto the field, you felt like you were in another universe. Another universe where the only thing the entire match revolved around was the ball, the players struggling to maintain their stamina as they endlessly chased after it - it was something completely new, and unfamiliar.

You loved it. Everything about it excited you in ways that was unexpected—and that was exactly what you adored about it.

How spontaneous it is, how the players all have their own 'super power' that they hone to perfection.

"L/n?..." Isagi tilted his head, slightly concerned - why were you staring at his forehead...? And why were you looking at it so intensely? Did he have something on his face? Should he just walk away? He grew more uneasy by the second.

You snapped out of the stream of thoughts that entered your mind, and instead, Isagi's concerned face overtook your vision.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." You cleared your throat, pausing to let out a nervous laugh. "I zoned out,"

His furrowed eyebrows relaxed, and he offered you a simple nod, an understanding smile on his face.

"Also, yeah! I enjoy watching matches..." you smiled, trailing off— realizing that you had no idea how to drag this conversation without making it awkward.

You scrambled to find anything to say - just then, you suddenly blurted out "Hey! Ah- you were really cool out there. I...I usually don't see you inserting yourself like that so...It was cool." You felt inclined to explain, the blank expression on his face certainly didn't help.

After a brief silence, Isagi let a bright smile appear on his face. "Really?".

"Yeah!" You felt relieved that he understood what you were trying to say.

"I usually pass to my teammates because our couch constantly rams teamwork into us. I thought it wouldn't hurt to be a little egotistical and take one goal for myself." He shrugged, explaining.

Egotistical?

"I mean, maybe being egotistical is good..." after a brief silence, you spoke without much thought.

He stayed quiet, his eyebrows raising as he gestured for you to continue.

"Teamwork is great, but—I think when you always prioritize it, players won't have the chance to use their powers to the best ability and..." your running mouth came to a halt when you saw Isagi's bemused expression.

"Their...powers?" he echoed, his head tilting, puzzled.

'Oh. Maybe that was a childish way to phrase it.'