{ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒪𝓃ℯ }

The beginning

⁂

"Happiness is the end of an exam." and that exactly how I felt as I placed my pencil on my desk, confident that I had gotten everything correct; after all, I was one of the top students in my class. (𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐦𝐬, 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞).

"easy peasy " I muttered under my breath as I leaned back in my chair and taking in my surroundings.

    It appears that I am not the only one who finished  the test; others of my classmates also finished it. I turned to face So-Yeon AKA my bestie, who had her attention more on her paper than on the world around her. I hope she's doing good; after all, we studied really hard last night to prepare for this test. 

"Loser" I mumbled as I cast a glimpse at Il-Ha AKA the class's bully, who is sound asleep and completely unbothered.

My seat was directly in front of Ae-Seol; unluckily, the only person I couldn't see was Jang-Soo AKA the big boyfriend. Since we were in the same row and Ae-Seol sat between us, so I couldn't turn back to peek at him. I could, however, still feel his gazes on the back of my neck from time to time. It's been almost a year together, and what a year it's been.

So-Yeon used to always guarantee me that if me and Jang-Soo ever get together, it'll be the end of the fudging world. "Well Congrats, Su-Jinaa. You happen to have a psychic best friend who happens to predict the future. Plus, your only 18-year life seems to be coming to an end. How, you may be wondering, could I be killed? Well, mainly the weird purple spheres that appeared in the sky out of nowhere only a year ago".  I grumbled, recalling So-Yeon's words from last year, glancing out at the blue sky that is now full with the unfamiliar objects.

No one knew where it came from, or why it's here. But one thing everyone was sure about is that they are not from our world. The sound of the bell ended my train of thought, and everyone began to gather their things as the teacher started to retrieve the test papers.

I hurriedly stuffed my belongings into my bag and exchanged a few words with So-Yeon and Ha-Na before heading to Jang-Soo, who was waiting for me outside our classroom door.

" what's up Chewbacca" I greeted him jokingly. Chewbacca is a nickname I chose for him when we watched Star Wars together for the first time which it refers to his height.

"What's up Oompa Loompa" he joked back, and placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

Dang he got me this time, "I see u getting better at this". I chuckled feeling pretty proud of myself.

"Well, I happen to know this crazy person, who's obsessed with weird stuff, shitty movies, and cringy nicknames. So I must say I picked up certain characteristics from her". He said.

"Ohhh really? Lucky u" I said arrogantly while tossing my hair in a dramatic manner. We kept on chatting as we neared the school gates. Fortunately our brief bickering was cut short as Deok-Joong rushed charging between us, asking about the correct answer from the previous test.

"YAA, what is wrong with you?" I shouted at him, stabilization myself not to fall. Yet he ignored me and instead showed me his draft paper.

"Su-Jinaaah! Tae-Man said that the answer to the first short response question is minus One" . He excitedly muttered nonstop, not even pausing to catch his breath. I exchanged a short glance with Jang-Soo before bursting out laughing.

"A minus wha....he said?? Oh my go.....I can't" I couldn't get myself to stop laughing. "Tae-Man is going to get a "minus" on the day of the exam's outcome." I spoke to a perplexed  Deok-Joong while petting his shoulder. " and the answer is 144 by the way."

As if he weren't trusting me, he walked over to Chi-Yoel to ask him again, only to be met with the same disappointment. I diverted my attention back to Jang-Soo, who was smiling and shaking his head.

"So, Do you want to go on a date with me, before we get swallowed by these strange-looking spheres above us." . I blinked my eyes at him in a cute way, but all he did was smile.

Well this was the first chapter of this story i hope you guys enjoy reading as much as i enjoyed writing it. Please don't forget to vote , and i promise to make the next chapter longer.