Only One Can Remain

Start from the beginning

He might've had Kai, Jay, and his dad standing outside his cell trying to reassure him that everything was going to be okay but he knew better. It wasn't going to be okay, it was going the be the opposite of okay. He could see her from across the arena, the perks of being the son of Garmadon. More like the only perk of being the son of Garmadon was his heightened abilities and that affected his sight. He could see further, hear better even smell more than the average human.

And he could see her

Alone

If push came to shove Lloyd knew he'd sacrifice himself for her, knowing what Chen does to those who lose hed rather it was him than her. But the thought of not being there for the rest of the tournament to ensure she's safe bugged him. Chen's voice over the loudspeakers broke him out of his thoughts introducing them to the crowd Lloyd felt a shiver go up his spine.

He can't hurt her

He won't hurt her

The gates lifted off of each of their cells and the two walked out as the crowd erupted in cheers, something in her eyes looked different, like they had hardened
When the last of Chen's words projected through the speakers "... Survival of the fittest" Y/N lunged for him her eyes glowing brighter than he'd ever seen before. She was channeling her anger but something else was happening, this wasn't her. Looking around he tried to spot something and turns out his suspicion was correct.

There stood Clause a little ways behind Chen's throne with a purple cloud enveloping his hands, eyes closed and mumbling something inaudible.

They're controlling her

He growled at the thought, how dare they. But he had bigger things to focus on like how Y/N was currently fighting as if she wanted to kill him. "come on Y/N snap out of it" he refused to fight back, he couldn't fight back. But she was still throwing punch after punch even going as far as getting her element involved. She was trying to pin him down but he dodged every advance
"This isn't you Y/N cmon you got to help me here!" bargaining wasn't working but maybe something else would bring her back to him. His mind going back to how often she used to express her love for fairytales, the happy endings of the stories being an escape from her own not-so-happy ending.

It's worth a shot

Finally, he was fighting back, but not really, the plan was to pin her and break Clause's control. Not the most foolproof but it will have to do because he had nothing else to go on. With every attack, he dodged every rose-pink spike he missed except for one that nicked his leg tearing a small line through his pants and drawing blood. Lloyd hissed at the pain but there was no time.

Seeing this Y/N took her opportunity and booked it for the Jade Blade, if she got to it she won.
Easy
Or maybe not because Lloyd immediately followed after her.
Throwing a ball of energy at her he anticipated she would dodge it and as she did he tackled her right as she grabbed the hilt of the blade pinning both her hands above her head as he straddled the rest of her body leaning most of his weight onto her so that she couldn't move.

The glowing of Y/N's eyes flickered and came back stronger as she pushed him off of her but right as she was about to pull herself onto her feet Lloyd gently grabbed her cheek
Lord forgive me for what I'm about to do
And planted his lips on hers.

The sliver of hope he had left dissipated when she pushed him away forcefully looking like a scared cat as she backed away from him but came to, Clause had lost his grip on her mind, she looked around and then her eyes met Lloyd's. He was on his knees looking defeated but perked up when he noticed her eyes were back to normal. She ran back to him and kissed him, by then Chen had lost it. Much like what he'd done with Jay and Cole he began pressing random buttons on his throne initially wanting to get Lloyd out of the tournament but he was too late. Y/N backed away from Lloyd once more a soft smile on her face and tears in her eyes which confused him. Until he noticed the Jade Blade wasn't in her hands anymore. "only one can remain" she whispered as she fell through one of the trap doors.

"NO!"
Lloyd screamed but the trap door closed right as he was about to follow her through it. "master of Power moves on" Chen announced disappointed
But Lloyd refused to leave the tile Y/N had originally been standing on. Pounding against it to let him through as droplets one by one fell onto it.

She's gone

She's really gone

Lloyd doesn't know how long he was out there but Kai eventually had to pull him away when it started raining. He couldn't get sick, not now, not when everything was at stake

At first, the lot of them were fighting to get Zane back, Lloyd still was but now
Now he was fighting to get Y/N back too. He refused to leave without her.