Loyalty and Anger

The next day there was a knock at the door and Snape found himself getting annoyed. Outside was the same people from the ministry with an angry looking Dumbledore. “Where is it!?” Fudge sneered impertinently, pushing Snape aside. “She is asleep.” He said, stepping in front of Miriam’s bedroom door. “I suppose you haven’t chained her up like the agreement was, have you?” Fudge said. “There has been new recent attacks.” Said one of the other member of the ministry.

Miriam was lying on the floor, sleeping heavily. “Get her.” Fudge said, but Snape stopped them. “Don’t wake her.” He said. But they had all leapt forward pointing their wands directly at her. The chaos made her wake up and in a split of a second she got to her feet and ducked the curses. Sneering towards them. Snape knew that she needed much more sleep that humans and that being awakened in that kind of way would annoy anyone. “Leave her alone.” He said, stepping in front of Fudge’s wand. “This creature has caused enough damage.” He said. “Do you have any proof?” Dumbledore spoke up for the first time since he entered. “Go to the side or else you I will curse you.” The Minister looked mad, but Snape stood there. Protecting her.

One of the Ministry’s curses hit him and he staggered backwards before he could take out his own wand. Seeing Snape in trouble, Miriam swallowed her pride and walked towards them. Sneering threateningly as they came closer to Snape. She got in front of him and managed to make them back away. Her teeth flashing and even though they had magic, it was still a dangerous situation to take for granted. “I think you should back away. “ Dumbledore said, seeing the anger in her eyes. The Minister pointed his wand at her, but a flicker of Dumbledore’s wand made it fall out of his hands. “Don’t push it minister.” He said.

They disappeared out the door in a hurry and Miriam made her way towards Snape which was now lying on the floor, bleeding. She placed one paw at his face and sniffed. “He is going to be okay, he just needs to get to the Hospital wing.” Dumbledore said as he levitated Snape’s body out of the room. Miriam stopped by the entrance door and looked at Dumbledore, her ears down. He stopped and turned around to see Miriam sitting by the door frame, not crossing the door step. She was looking at Snape indicating she didn’t want to leave him.

“You can come, if you want?” The headmaster spoke calmly and gestured for her. She hesitated for a moment, but crossed it. She quickly fallowed behind him, looking around in the big castle. When they approached the Hospital Wing, Madam Pomfrey jumped up from the sight of her. “Is that?” She whispered, looking at Miriam. “Oh yes, but I believe we have a patient here.” He said, his eyes landing on Snape unconscious body. Miriam wandered over to her and sat up in the stool beside his bed. She brought her knees up to her chest and rested her head at them. “What happened?” The nurse spoke, trying not to stare to much at the Alpha. “That is not so much of an importance, but I think I have something to attend to in my office. I’ll see you later poppy.” With a wink the headmaster was gone. Miriam hadn’t removed her gaze from Snape. He was the only one who had actually been nice to her, at least the only human. Besides Dumbledore, but that was another case.

“Don’t worry, he isn’t injured that badly.” The woman she assumed was named Poppy said. Miriam fell asleep in Snape’s lap, when Poppy had left the room. After a few hours he woke up and found Miriam beside him. Sighing he scratched her ear and she slowly opened her eyelids. “I am sorry.” She said with a voice that was almost singing. Snape stopped and looked at her in surprise. She had talked to him! “It isn’t your fault, it was mine. I was the one who couldn’t duck.” He tried to joke, but didn’t succeed. She gave him a small smile for his attempt. Another while passed in silence and Miriam spoke for the second time. “Thank you for not judging me.” She said. ‘You to’. Snape thought, but instead answered with continuing to scratch her ear.

The next day Snape argued himself out of the Hospital, feeling rather stupid lying there with the other students. Miriam watched their discussion, trying not to show her amusement. But keeping a straight face was hard.

Instead of walking back to the headquarters Snape showed the way towards the Quidditch pitch. The rest of the students had classes and he let her run. For the first time in several weeks she was allowed to run as fast as she could, breathing in the fresh air. After a few hours and what seemed like three hundred rounds she was exhausted. Panting after water she made her way towards where he was waiting patiently. He had himself made sure nobody interfered with her running, thinking she should have the moment in peace.

***

It was now Christmas and Snape had received a basket with Chocolate frogs. A present all the professors got from the headmaster every year. She looked curiously at it, seeing something move inside. “I don’t think you’ll like it.” He said while he handed her one. She ripped it up with one claw and out jumped a chocolate frog. Exited she hurried after it. After a few second she caught it, but spit it out again in disgust. Snape snickered. “What was what I said?”

-----------------------

Sorry it’s short, but I am out of ideas… Please come with some?:D Anyway I have a question for you guys…Do you want her to attend Hogwarts or not? ;)