1. Good News in the household

Rukmini woke up only when the sunrays kissed her face through partially closed curtains. It was warm indicating a couple of hours after dawn. She turned up to see Krishna has already left for the council.

Mrinalini both her friend and the waiting maid came inside the chamber to push the curtains away. Seeing her Rukmini sat up in the bed with a jerk giving a sheepish grin. Mrinalini looked at Rukmini for sometime and she smiled to herself.  Rukmini did not notice

"Mahadeva... Why didn't you wake me up, Mrinalini?" Rukmini spoke with a hint of irritation.

Mrinalini was busy cleaning the room as she spoke

"It was the order of the Lord. He insisted that no one doesn't disturb you," replied Mrinalini casually,

Rukmini opened her mouth to speak something but stopped midway. Yes, he was right, yesterday night was indeed tiring due to the festivities. But was that the only reason for tiredness? Rukmini blushed reminiscing the events that happened between herself and Krishna.

Without speaking much she went towards the bathing chambers to get herself ready. Giving a quick prayers before the Vishnu Idol in her chamber she walked towards the small office chamber attached to her mansion.

"It was already getting late for the council "Rukmini muttered as she collected the parchment to be submitted in the council of Sudharma.

" I just dont know how did I wake up so late. This is ridiculous"

She was very late that morning that too after festivities. They were celebrating the first birthday of Aniruddha last night. It was the joyous occasion for them. Her co sisters were delighted more than she. Surprisingly Parth and Subhadra too joined the festivities from Indraprastha adding more delight to the family. By the time the festivities finished, it was almost midnight.

Turning left in the corridor she passed towards the quarters of her co sisters. They were more like her sisters than co wives. Bards were not happy with her household. They thought there must be rivalry between co wives. But don't they know that fight and jealousy can happen only with two different persons but rather not with a person who feels that a single soul or essence came as 8 different persons? Though not biologically related they felt a soulful connection which an ordinary mortal would find confusing. Their common lifeline was him alone.

Rukmini knew that Jambavathi would have accompanied Krishna to the official tour in the region surrounding Prabhasa Kshetra. She stopped at Satyabhama's mansion. She knows that Satya too has gone to Saurashtra to listen to the grievance of sea merchants. She will be back only after some days

Rukmini entered it without any formality or hesitation. She was greeted by Bhanu-eldest son Of Satya and Krishna.

Rukmini loved Bhanu more than she loved Pradyumna.

In the days after Pradyumna was kidnapped in infancy, it was Bhanu who filled that empty space that threatened to pull her into the deep hell called sorrow. Satya had given her baby to Rukmini to the rear and taken care of him. When Rukmini's breast were overflowing with milk and no child to feed Satya made her feed Bhanu. So technically she felt a great sense of bond with Bhanu. Ofcourse Pradyumna returned and he became bonded with Rukmini. He was obedient and what not always eager to fulfill her desires. Rukmini felt more attached to Bhanu. Thats why she selected Bhanu for the senate rather than her sons Pradyumna or Charudeshna  or Sudehna.

"Matashri" he came running towards her looking excited 

Rukmini ruffled his hair affectionately.

"Bhanu are you ready for taking the seat in the council."