Chapter 6 - Could be a New Friend?

Start from the beginning

Your smile. 

The way your hair was braided and how it fell over one shoulder. 

Your (y/e/c) eyes.

Your name. 

Or at least, your last name, since you never really introduced yourself yesterday.

He got out of bed and expected the worst for the day, but he was grateful he at least had a bed, warmth, and food. 

Opening the dresser, he found a set of grey robes awaiting him; a symbol of his rank as a new student - a novice. He slipped on his new attire, which was again, surprisingly comfortable, before hearing a knock at his door.

---

"Come in" You heard the voice say. 

As you opened the door, you noticed his hair wasn't as messy as it was upon his arrival, a sign of a shower having been taken. And his new clothes. You remembered when you dressed in your grey robes for the very first time, and how you had to ask The Ancient One to help you. A small smile crept upon your lips at this thought, not realising you were staring at Strange.

"Good Morning" He smiled, having noticed the stare. His voice snaped you out of your thoughts.

"Oh.. yes. Good Morning." You replied, with an awkward smile. "The Ancient One has requested for you, Mr. Strange." You informed, holding the door open and gesturing for him to follow.

"Please, call me Stephen." He corrected as he followed you out of his room. 

Stephen, Stephen Strange. 

Though it was still early, the temple was alive. Classes were starting and students and teachers were already rushing around. Realising you had walked ahead, he quickened his pace and caught up to you.

"I... um... never got your name yesterday..." He asked awkwardly, walking up and taking his place next to you.

"(Y/l/n)." You replied, still looking straight ahead.

"No, I got that." He let out a small chuckle, "I meant your first name." He asked again.

"I don't know if we're ready for that just yet." You replied casually, smirking as you looked over at him.

"So risking your life for someone doesn't put you on a first-name basis?" He asks with a cocky smile. You narrowed your eyes at him. There was a certain charm to him as he spoke, lacing his words with more confidence now that he had rested well for the first time in however many days. 

He knew what he was doing.

"Alright then." 

You stopped in your tracks. 

"(Y/n)." 

You held out your hand to him, expecting him to shake it and get this formal introduction over with. He smiled at your gesture, but then after some hesitation, decided not to shake it, having forgotten about the scars that now lined his hands and uncontrollable shakes. You had also forgotten about it, recalling the unsteady movements his hand made in the sanctuary the previous day. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's ok" 

He cut you off, returning the gesture with a warm smile and nod. And with that awkward interaction, you both walked to The Ancient One who was once again sitting in her sanctuary.

Once there, you gestured for Strange to take a seat opposite her. Reluctantly, he sat down as you kindly flashed him a smile, and mouthed 'good luck', making him scrunch his face into an awkward smile as you turned to leave.

"Master (Y/l/n), care to join us?" The Ancient One spoke, making you jump suddenly and turn back around.

Strange looked at you with a pleading expression while The Ancient One looked ammused.

"Sorry, I have a few things to do this morning." 

Liar. 

"I shall see you at training later this afternoon Mr. Stra- Uh... Stephen." You corrected. And with that, you turned and hastily walked out of the sanctuary.

As you made your way to the library, you didn't know why you declined so awkwardly. Maybe it was the look The Ancient One gave you; like she was toying with your thoughts. Or maybe it was the way Stephen looked at you, and you just didn't want to give him the satisfaction of convincing you that easily. 

Yes. You knew you were stubborn. 

Whatever it was, you had to do something with your free time now so it didn't seem like you were avoiding them.

"So..." you said to yourself, now standing at the entrance of the library, "which ones of you haven't I read yet."

Ta daaa.

I hope you're all enjoying this so far. I means the world to me that people are actually reading this so THANK YOU. Again huge shout out to for the inspiration. I realised the necklace in the backstory is very similar but I've changed it's abilities to what they were originally in their story.

Until next time <3