chαptєr 7

Nina's POV

When I arrived I quickly ran inside the building. As soon as I entered Julie walked up to me. "Nina I'm terribly sorry about the errand thing it was so last minute, but we are running late on the readings. So just head inside that room over there where the rehearsal reading of episode 1 season 6 of The Vampire Diaries are taking place." "Got it." I grabbed my script from my dressing room and made my way to the room and table where all my friends were gathered around. "Hey guys." Everybody stopped talking to the person they were rehearsing with and looked up at me. "Hey Nina." They all greeted in unison before turning back to there rehearsal partner. "Hey Nina, umm your partner is Ian but he's also running late." "Great." They all looked at me shocked by my reaction. "Uh I mean why do I have to start my reading off with him?" I said masking my voice to sound annoyed. Shit! I'm not supposed to be happy about seeing him as far as everybody knows it's meant to be awkward between us. "Well they just want to make sure that even with your relationship ending, it didn't tamper with the chemistry of your characters. We all know everybody ships Elamon." I snickered. "It's actually Delena ya know Damon and Elena." "Right well I guess I've always preferred Stelena." He said winking at me. I laughed. "No but seriously he should be on his way soon." Paul said trying to make me feel better. "Thanks Pauly." I winked at him playfully. Everybody went back to rehearsing. Then Ian walked in and sat across from me. "Sorry I'm late." He turned in his chair and waved at everybody. "The eternal stud is here." He said grinning quoting his character. "Didn't you and Bonnie die last season?" Zach said sarcastically. "Hey this is Vampire Diaries they'll just bring us back! Isn't that right Kat our ride ain't over yet." "Right Damon and Bonnie gonna come back better and badder than ever." She high fived him. Everybody just laughed and shook there heads in amusement. He turns his chair to me finally acknowledging my presence. "Nina." He said masking his voice to greet me awkwardly. I just nodded and told him the page and the scenes we had to rehearse. While rehearsing our lines I looked up at Ian and wanted so badly to kiss him but I resisted the urge.
20 minutes later and the room was cleared out because everybody else had finish rehearsing. Leaving Ian and I alone. We remained in character however wanting this to be an amazing season. When we finished our final scene for the first episode I closed the script ready to get up. Ian grabbed my wrist looked up at me and smiled before kissing my hand. That was it! I couldn't stop myself any longer I pulled him up and grabbed his face pressing my lips to his in a desperate kiss. He was surprised at first but then he wrapped his arms around me and deepened the kiss.
Then the door opened revealing Kat, Candice, Paul, Zach, and Steven all standing there with their jaws dropped.
Ian and Nina pulled away from eachother quickly suddenly aware of their surroundings. Nina looked flustered but Ian just smirked at all of them. She glanced in his direction and saw he was completely composed so she put on her mask as well. "Soo what's with the drop jaws?" Ian said nonchalantly. "Uh because we just totally caught you guys kissing! Oh my god Kat their back together whoooooo!!!" Candice said excitedly. "Come on we were clearly just rehearsing for the show. Making sure that Damon and Elena still look as in love as they did before the season ended." Nina said moving her hand back and forward to emphasize her point. "Uh yeah right! If that was the truth why did we just catch you guys in a full out make out session?" Candice asked in a sassy tone. Nina quickly looked at Ian worried they had gotten caught already. He gave her a look that says follow his lead. "You guys can't be serious? You honestly think I would actually want to kiss or even go back to this selfishly heartless person who broke my heart without a care in the world." Ian sucked his teeth in mock disgust. "Never going down that road again." Nina looked at him in utter shock. That came out too easily. Is that what he really thought about her? She couldn't deny her feelings were absolutely hurt by his cruel words. Nina felt her anger build up inside of her. "Yeah do you guys think I would actually enjoy kissing this self proclaimed jackass who only cares about himself!!" Nina yelled letting the tears fall gracefully down her cheeks. Everybody was speechless now. If that didn't sell their story that they despised each other Nina's tears sure did. "We're sorry you guys, its just that we all want you guys back to the way you were. Happy and in love it was easier when things were playful with you two. Instead of all this fighting and tense energy." Kat said trying to explain. "Yeah well it was just for the scene. Okay it wasn't real that kiss was not real it was fucking fake just two actors trying to be professional!" Nina yelled. Too hurt and angry to stand there any longer she ran out the room. Ian just glared at everybody. "Ya know I get where your all coming from but at the end of the day. Whatever happens between Nina and I regarding our feelings is nobody's business." He shook his head and made his way out the room. "Attention cast we are having some technical difficulties that will require the entire day to fix so you may all head home and get ready for another fun hardworking day tomorrow thank you." Nina wiped her tears roughly grabbed her things then headed out towards the door turning around she locks eyes with Ian before exiting the building. Making her way to her car in the parking lot she decides to go straight home. When she arrived she made her way upstairs into her bedroom and climbed in bed letting her tears fall freely.

Ian's POV

After seeing Nina's tear filled eyes I knew I fucked up and went too far. It's not like I meant it I just wanted everybody to back off. So that we can tell them when we're both ready. What Nina said hurt too but I know it was just her way of getting back at me. I needed to see her. The smart thing would be to let her cool off but after seeing her face I just knew I couldn't wait. I made my way into my car in the parking lot and backed out deciding to go straight to Nina's house. While I drove I had a million conversations in my head trying to figure out how I was gonna approach the situation. No doubt she actually believed what I said to be true. Even though we didn't end things on the best terms I'd never blame her for how she feels. But fuck did I hate it when Nina cried and I hated it even more when I was the reason behind it. I wanted to talk to her and apologize.
When I made it to her place I got out quickly locking the car and ran up to her door. I just hoped she wasn't to angry with me to not let me explain. I knocked on the door and waited. When it became clear that she wasn't going to answer I unlocked it with the spare key in the potted plant. "Ninna." I called out but was greeted by silence. "Baby?" I made my way up the stairs and saw her in her bed asleep. I walked over and what I saw broke my heart. Her makeup was smeared over her face. Her mascara mixed with her dried tears covered her cheeks. Her once white pillow was also smeared with her makeup. Looking over I saw she was still fully dressed. I sighed. "Oh baby." I pulled the blanket over her then proceeded to remove her shoes so she could be more comfortable. For a second I debated on rather I should wake her or leave her sleeping. Looking down at her once again I'd figure it was best to let her rest. I leaned over and kissed her forehead. "Sweet dreams beautiful." As soon as I pulled away her eyes fluttered open. "Ian? What are you doing here?" She asked sleepily. "I just came here to apologize for hurting you. I hope you don't think I meant what I said. I would never wanna hurt you in anyway baby I love you. I just saw how scared you were when they caught us and....I just wanted to throw them off but in doing that I said some disgusting things and for that I am sorry." Nina's heart fluttered at that. So he didn't mean it. He was just trying to throw them off. She could understand that. She smiled up at Ian. "I love you Ian. I understand where you were coming from so I forgive you." He sighed in relief. "I'm sorry too for what I said. I'm sure you know I said it out of anger and I could never actually mean it." He nods his head. "I don't ever want to lose you again." Ian smiled at her leaning down to give her a kiss it wasn't a heated kiss but a sweet and loving one instead. She kissed him back matching the sweetness then pulled away. "Stay with me." He nodded leaning down to take off his shoes. Climbing into bed with her he pulled her into his arms where she laid her head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head. Cuddled up together both their eyes began to close. Just like that they were back in each other's arms.