Babysitting Blues

Beginne am Anfang

Now it was time for her makeup. Like all girls, she kept her foundation low and her blush high. Red was her signature lipstick color and lilac was her eyeshadow color. A little bit of gloss would make her lips pop out. One last look in the mirror and she was out of her bathroom.

I, Boa Hancock, am truly the most beautiful woman in the world. None can compare to my effortless beauty and perfect mind. Whatever I do, I'll be forgiven! Because... I am beautiful!

"Good morning Mother Nyon! I expect that my breakfast has been made and my lunch is set out for me?"

This was how she ran the house. Even though Grandiosa Nyon was their caretaker, she had become a maternal figure for the girls. Her home was open for all the members of their gang if they had troubles and woes. Everyone on Warlord Street knew the Kuja Gang house was a place where none could trespass unless they were a woman or a special case. Although Mother Nyon owned the house, Boa helped out with her brand of bratty nature. Like every morning, she came down to the kitchen area with her prideful smirk and air of refinery.

"Get it yourself, you old hag."

Boa's usual happy face distorted into one of pure disgust and horror. That voice...that unmistakably annoying pesky voice! It couldn't be...no...why was she here?

When Boa usually came down to the kitchen, she would see Mother Nyon cooking breakfast, Marigold looking over her homework, and Sandersonia texting on her phone. As it was, they were doing their usual morning tasks without delay. However, at the table eating her portion of breakfast, was the smug face of her little niece.

Nagarani Hancock...

If you could picture a younger version of Boa, you would have Nagarani. The only difference between the two is in their appearance skin and hair-wise. Her brown skin was like milk chocolate, smooth and delicate. Her white hair was styled just like her auntie's down to the very last piece. She even copied her signature earrings as well! The pest had some nerve coming into her house and claiming what was hers! Although Boa would admit, she was wearing a cute outfit; a white long-sleeved top, a red skirt, and matching red ballerina flats with a white bow on top.

"Now Boa..." Mother Nyon's voice came from the stove. "I know you and Rani tend to not get along, but she's only here for a week! The boarding school she attends had to get fumigated for termites, so you both better behave."

"Not likely Mother. Those two have always been enemies." Sandersonia pointed out, chuckling under her breath. "Oh, it would be a cold day in hell if those two got along."

Boa's eyebrow twitched a bit as she sat down in her usual spot. "I'm not going to ask why she's here. All I want to know is why she couldn't have stayed with Ms. Shakky!"

"But Auntie Boa, I missed you so much!" Rani batted her eyes and made a cute pout with her lips. "You go to an all-girls school while mine is co-ed! I wanted to know what it was like going to your school for a change!"

That was another thing Boa couldn't stand about the little devil; she copied her philosophy too! Instead of being the most beautiful woman in the world, Rani strived to become the cutest girl in the world! Which, by the way, was impossible since her ambition would only last for so long before everyone moved on.

"Besides, it would be nice to show her around since none of us are home during the day." Marigold pointed out. "Give her a small tour and let her attend your classes."

A long sigh came out of Boa's mouth as she leaned back in her chair. "Because you asked me so graciously, I guess I could spare the child a glimpse into my school life!" She stood up, pointing at the bewildered Rani, and tilted her neck back. "No matter how cute you are, you shall never live up to my expectations! I shall not accept such an ugly brat!"