First Friends

4 and neo 3 are here!! This chapter is gonna be a bit fluffier with some silly stuff 💞 Enjoy chapter 2 and don't forget to be respectful in the comments!

Quartz was peacefully sitting in the living room, watching some sitcom on the TV. After Cerulean and Haru took him in and helped him find a fresh new look, he felt like he could do anything. He then heard the door suddenly open.

"I'm home!" called an octoling girl around his age. She had just gotten back from a sleepover with a friend. Quartz looked over, and at the same time she noticed him as well. He got off of the couch and was ready to fight. "Who the hell are you?" he asked aggressively. "Octarians like you shouldn't trespass like this!" He punched her in the gut, causing her to shout in pain. "You're a total lunatic!" she yelled.

"You're the fucking lunatic!" shouted Quartz. "That witch sent you to take me back to the canyon!" The octoling girl was confused, she lived in the Splatlands her entire life and was never in the octarian army. "What canyon?" she asked.

"You know EXACTLY what i'm talking about."

"I really don't!"

He punched her again. "DON'T PLAY STUPID WITH ME!"

She felt that she couldn't try to reason with him, so she fought back. A few moments later, Haru heard the commotion and went downstairs to see what was going on. "CERU!" he called. When he arrived, the two broke up the young octolings. "Well, this is awkward." muttered Cerulean.

"SHE'S AN OCTARIAN SPY!"

"HE'S COMPLETELY INSANE!"

"Calm down you two." said Haru in a calm tone. "Quartz, this is Celeste, and Celeste, this is Quartz." This couldn't be any more awkward. "Uh, nice to meet you Quartz." The octoling just glared at her, but reluctantly waved when Cerulean shot him a dirty look. "I need to tell you some things alone." said Haru to Celeste. They went into another room.

"Sorry about him." he said. "Quartz came from a bad environment and needed a place to stay. He was like that with me too, it seems he doesn't trust octolings, thanks to his past experiences. ...Poor thing."

"He doesn't trust his own kind?" asked Celeste, still confused. Haru nodded. "I'm sure you two could get along if you both tried. You're around the same age after all."

Meanwhile, Cerulean had his own talk with Quartz in the living room. "Please don't attack people at the door like that, even if they don't seem trustworthy." he scolded.

"Sorry..." he looked extremely ashamed. "It's fine." said Cerulean, loosening up. "I don't know who she is though." replied Quartz.

"Her name is Celeste." he explained. "She was really helpful for me and some friends, ever since that whole deal she just kind of stuck around." He did his best to cover up his secret identity and the New Squidbeak Splatoon. Quartz clearly felt awful for hurting someone innocent like that. "Hey, she's a pretty chill girl, if you two make up you could be good friends." smiled Cerulean.

When everything died down, the two did just that. "Sorry." said Quartz. "My past has caused me to not trust octolings, even if they're innocent."

"It's fine, really! Haru told me about it." Celeste smiled, trying to lighten the mood. "You know, if we're gonna be living together, we should stick together." She put her hand out for a handshake. Quartz shook it, a small smile crept onto his face.

"Since we're kinda siblings now, you have to see my game collection!" She grabbed his hand and basically dragged him up the stairs. "I-i'm just staying until I can afford a house!" he shouted. "Aw man, really?" asked Celeste, disappointed. "You haven't even met Ember yet!"