Kirsten winked at him and grinned.

"That's a secret for now. This is just a temporary remedy since it's not perfect yet but this will help him live for a while."

A sigh of relief escape from Melefus lips.

"Thank you, mistress."

Kirsten nodded.

"Mistress, can I at least know what type of magic our King is suffering and who did this?"

"Of course. Someone is trying to enter this place through his dream."

Melefus face turned white. There's only one race that have this ability.

"A demon."

"And he's outside right now."

The demons are creatures that turned Luminaria upside down during the Dark age. Their abilities are mostly manipulation of the mind, curse, and destruction. If they are still alive meaning, what happened from the past will likely happen once again.

"Mistress, will you be fighting him?"

"Yup. He's trying to mess up with my empire and planning to steal my treasures. I will make this forest his grave."

An evil grin formed from her lips and then her face turned cold. Melefus felt that the room temperature dropped which means that a huge amount of mana is forming inside the chamber.

This is the girl from Michael's prophecy, although she is still young but she already manage to acquire such strength. The fear that Melefus felt turned to admiration.

~*~

The sun has already risen yet the atmosphere in front of the forest was heavy and cold.

"Do you really have to bring her here father?"

The Duke's second son, Arlan, said, gazing coldly towards Hestia who's standing in the middle of the knights formation.

"She insisted, besides, she possess something that is necessary for this mission."

"She'll die."

The duke gazed back to his second son.

"The moment she took a sword and wore an armor, she is a knight not a lady anymore."

Arlan bit his tongue and compose himself again.

"I'm sorry father, I'll keep that in mind."

They entered the forest and as soon they step inside, tension rises and everyone felt like they were in another world.

The forest is shrouded in darkness, its ancient trees reaching towards the sky like gnarled hands. Eerie whispers and growls emanate from within, hinting at monstrous den that lies ahead.

This cacophony gets only louder and louder as they go deeper.

"Reinan."

Hestia, on the other hand, tightened her grip on her sword. Although, she was prepared for what's about to happen and what might happen to her, she still feel scared. But she can't stay at the manor when she knows she can do something to get her brother back.

She march cautiously together with the knights and when they suddenly stopped marching, her chest pounded like its about to come out.

"Cerberus!"

The knights cried, so they immediately changed their formation.

Hestia did whatever she can do to never burden the knights.

Without wasting time, the Cerberus attacked them aggressively and the ground they were stepping immediately dyed with monster's blood.

After Cerberus, another set of monster wolves appeared at every directions, driving the knight's attention into two.

"Milady!"

Hestia turned her head at the back and she saw a wolf coming ferociously at her direction. She bit her lip and positioned her sword.

Her legs were trembling while facing the wolf. With her basic swordsmanship skills there's no way she can take down a wolf.

"It's okay, I can just avoid it and the knights will take care of it."

Hestia keep mumbling to herself.

"Graaaaa"

Hestia's grip to her sword tightened when the monster thrust towards her.

As she was about to block its attack, something flew towards the monster and pierced through its head.

"W-What.. what the hell happened?"

The body of the monster wolf fell on the ground lifeless. She roamed her eyes to know who killed it but everyone was busy fighting for their lives. 

'No, I can't get distracted. Whoever killed this monster, I owe him/her my life.'

Meanwhile, from a distant area, not so far from battle. A crystal blue eyes shone in the darkness. Her face was frowning while watching the struggling Princess of Montero duchy.

"Is she crazy? Ha, I thought she was bold but I wasn't expecting her recklessly enter the forest with such a weak physique and mana."

"Humans are truly amusing, master."

Ethernetus commented.

"Yeah and extremely stupid."

Kirsten jumped down the tree where she was sitting.

"Protect her."

She uttered before vanishing in thin air.

To be continued...