"He is dying isn't he?"

Melefus clenched his fist and grit his teeth before answering.

"Yes mistress."

Kirsten observed the gestures that Melefus is doing and his emotions. Then she once again scanned the body of the King. There's only one conclusion that came up in her mind.

"Who did this?"

Melefus looked at her with a surprised look.

"Mistress, how did you.."

"Lies can't escape my eyes. Now, tell me.. or are you planning to lie on me?" she said taking away all the emotions in her face that made him tremble in fear.

"N-No! Absolutely not mistress. I just don't know how to explain the details since I am not sure myself what exactly happened to the King."

"Then tell me everything you know."

Melefus gulped and throw a large sigh before speaking.

"It started one month ago. Contrary to what he is right now, he was perfectly healthy. There was never a time that the King fell ill. But one night, the King suddenly woke up and grabbed his weapon and ordered the warriors to get ready for an attack. We weren't able to respond immediately to his order because we were confused. The King went ahead and we followed him   after despite of our confusion which we regretted greatly. When we reached the place where he ran to, it was too late. We found him drenched with blood."

"Is that all?"

"Yes mistress, I apologize but that os all the information I have."

Kirsten touched the purple marks from the body of the King and she cursed inwardly when her finger went through inside the skin with just a slight touch.

"The body is decaying but the heart is still beating. The person who did this should not be taken lightly."

"Ethernetus, what do you think?"

"It is definitely a kind of dark magic, master."

"Dark magic huh, but how did this person manage to enter the fortress? This is protected by the strongest mage's magic. Melefus, is there any instances that the King did or said strange things before that night. Or did he went somewhere without your knowledge?"

Melefus went silent for a moment to think. Just when he was about to shake his head, his eyes widened as if he remembered something important.

"Yes mistress, there is! I don't know if this is strange but before that night, the King shared something about his dreams. He said that these past few days, he is having the same dream over and over again. Same place, same person and same time."

Her brows met after hearing his confession.

"Person?"

"Yes mistress, he said he always see this man wearing a mask and a cloak in his dream and asking him questions and it was so vivid that he can still even remember every word what they talked about."

Bingo!

"Ha, that's it. That's the missing piece. Well done Melefus."

Melefus looked at her with a confused eyes. While Ethernetus just grinned knowing that his master have solve the mystery behind the King's condition.

Kirsten snapped his finger and a white candy appeared in her hand. She threw it inside the Kings mouth and after a few second, the King's body was covered with light.

Melefus eyes widened as he witness that body of the King is slowly going back to its original color.

"H-How?"