ɴᴏᴛ ɪꜰ ɪ ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ

The siblings pulled into their driveway, bracing themselves for the monster they called Mom. 
Almost as soon as they stepped foot inside, she appeared in front of them, her voice raised and eyebrows furrowed. 

Ms.Merrill: Enid, where the hell have you been?!

Enid rolled her eyes, knowing that this what the part where she got hided for sneaking off for two days. She was surprised her mother even noticed. 

Ace: I just picked her up from Betty's house? Big fuckin' deal?

The woman scoffed, returning to her chair in the living room where she spent the majority of everyday. The woman didn't actually care where Enid had been, otherwise she would've noticed the leech marks and branch scratches all over her arms. 

She looked to her brother, a grateful smile. In return, he shrugged his eyebrows; Ace didn't do smiles, really, but she knew what he said.

- - - - - - - - - -

Enid ran up to her bedroom, desperate to change her clothes. Her outfit had been through hell in the past few days. And once she'd showered and put on new clothes, she returned to her bedroom, sitting in the bay window. 

From Ace's bedroom on the other side of the wall came loud rock music. Usually, Enid wouldn't screamed at him to turn it down, but suddenly it didn't bother her anymore. Besides, he'd turn it off not long after anyway. Enid would've loved to know what was on his mind at that moment, because her's was completely empty. 

Just a few songs later, the music fell silent, followed by a few footsteps and then a knock on Enid's door. 

Enid: Yeah?

Ace opened it, poking his head round the corner. 

Ace: You got any cigarettes?

She nodded, grabbing the carton of Winstons off her nightstand, taking one for herself then offering her brother one. Enid opened the window, where both her and Ace leaned out, blowing smoke into the wind.

Enid looked out over the small town. Just a few years prior, that town had felt like the entire world, but she knew there must be more than Castle Rock.

Enid: I'm so over this fuckin' town. 

Ace: You n me both, E.

Enid: I wonder if I'll ever get out. Go some place where nobody knows me, or our parents.

Ace: I get it. You'll get out one day, but for now, you gotta stay here. Otherwise, I'll lose my mind and shoot our pain in the ass of a mother.

She chuckled. 

Enid: Yeah. Besides, I'd wanna be around to see that. 

As Ace left the room, she continued looking out the window, and soon her eyes landed upon four boys, turning the corner and stopping at the Merrill's front lawn. They saw Enid in the window, peering down at them with a smirk. 
They smiled back up at her, relieved that her brother hadn't killed her. 

ℕ𝕠𝕥 𝕀𝕗 𝕀 𝕊𝕖𝕖 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥// A Chris Chambers fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें