The Wedding

Mariana had just entered the loft and was already done with everyone, especially Schmidt. She sat at the kitchen counter her head in her hands as she rubbed her temples, Schmidt was across from her a knowing look on his face as he awaited her reply.

"But why me?" She sighed as Schmidt's head dropped really hoping for a yes that time.

"Because Jessica is... well Jessica, and you seem to be the only candidate." He pleaded and after a moment of silence Mariana nodded reluctantly agreeing but that was enough for him as a wide smile spread across his face and he called out for Nick "Yes! She'll do it! N-Nick she'll do it!"

A groan was heard from the other side of the loft until the source of the sound came into view "I don't need a babysitter I'll be perfectly fine" he states sending a snarky look in the direction of his enemy while she simply stares him down already regretting her decision. The tension between the two almost becoming too much for Schmidt until a squeal was heard originating from the side of the loft which Nick emerged from.

"Mariana's coming? Great lets go find outfits!" She left as quick as she came in dragging Mariana back to her apartment as the others followed behind.

Next door they sat in Mariana's bedroom as Jess walked in and out of her closet deciding for her on what to wear. "You guys need nicknames!" She states excitedly as both Nick and Mariana grimace and disagree.

"No nicknames"

"Absolutely not"

"Look all you have to do is be Nick's girlfriend" Schmidt says making Mariana cringe slightly at the label.

"Why can't you or Winston help" She asked, the word 'girlfriend'  suddenly putting a weight on her shoulders.

"We've tried... He doesn't listen to us anymore" He rolls his eyes as Nick agrees.

"He's right I don't"

Jess then pulls out one of the most vile looking dresses from the back of her closet, you know from the area where you keep clothes you don't really want to throw away but never will wear again. It was a floor length neon green tight dress with a half sleeve that stops just before the elbows "Ooo what about this tight little number?"

"I haven't worn that in ye-" Mariana begins cringing at her old dress making a mental note to burn it but she cut off from her sentence as Nick stutters in.

"That is the ugliest dress I have ever seen, Jess" He emphasises his point with his hands and all of a sudden Mariana wants to wear it.

"Oh yeah that's what I'm wearing." She says as Nick shakes his head.

"No Mar- No!" Schmidt exclaims from behind her, "If you're going to do this you have to do it right and put this silly little feud behind you" He stands now infront of the two with Jess behind him like parents telling off their children.

"Even just for one night" Jess agrees looking at Mariana knowing it was the only way to convince her. The two of them sigh and look at each other. There seems to be a silent agreement before they shake hands.

"Your hand is weirdly wet" Mariana states as she pulls her own away from him rubbing it on the leg of her jeans while Jess continues looking and retreats back into her closet.

"You're weirdly wet" Nick retorts back only realising how odd that sounded after he had said it, he closes his eyes in embarassment after Mariana gives him a look of confusion.

"Stop it!" Schmidt exclaims needing this to be able to play through smoothly.

"Ooo I got it!" Jess says as she exits the closet with a knee length black floral dress with a ruffled hem, short sleeves and a low neckline.  Mariana nods agreeing as Winston stands at the door having found his friends as his own loft was empty while Schmidt regains his place back on Mariana's bed.