𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓

Gloomy, gloomy, leaden-gray clouds swirled in the recently serene and calm sky, touching the sun with their weight. The luminary, as if confused, completely disappeared behind their heavy sides…
Lightning flashed, and a few seconds later thunder rumbled nearby, confirming with its grumbling that a downpour was about to fall on the ground. Both people and animals begin to fuss, trying to hide as soon as possible from the inevitable impending rain.
As soon as the trees, flowers and grass begin to tremble joyfully, unfolding in the immediately cool air, rejoicing in the imminent escape from the heat…
And now the first drops of rain fell to the ground, being instantly and without a trace absorbed by the dried-up earth. But other drops are already flying after them, there are more and more of them, they collide with their sides, fuss, crowd and jostle – each strives as soon as possible, preferably the very first to fall on the surface of the ground, sidewalks and houses heated in summer.
Regulus immediately got out of bed. It wasn't a problem for him. He quickly put on a pressed shirt, a suit, and clean shoes.

Quite a lot of students were already walking along the corridors of the school. Someone went to breakfast, someone went to lessons. A familiar group of looters caught Regulus' eye. His brother Sirius, along with James, walked in front, and behind them Peter and Remus. Probably going to make fun of Severus again. Black sat down at the table of Slytherin.

One of the Slytherins sat down with him, with whom Regulus communicated well. The neighbor started to tell something, but Regulus Black didn't hear him at all. He decided to look at the others and noticed the gaze of Maxine, who was sitting at the next table. Noticing the brunette's gaze, Max waved to him. The Slytherin reciprocated, and after the girl turned away, he began to think how to approach her and communicate.

— Who is this girl?— asked the guy next to him who was telling some stories again.

— Maxine Bennett. A couple of days ago, she helped me in a lesson on caring for magical creatures.

I understand. — the neighbor realized that he just greeted her for the sake of decency because of his upbringing.— How do you want to spend Christmas?

— Another month before the holiday. My parents have some business, so I'll be at school.

— And your brother?

—I don't know for sure, but he'll probably go to the Potters. —Regulus didn't give a damn about Sirius for some reason. He was wondering if Max would stay at school for the holidays. Without dragging it out for a long time, later he approached the blonde.

Yes, I'll go — the girl said with a smile, but seeing the disappointment on Black's face, she asked — And you?

At school this time. It's a pity, of course, I thought we would have had a good time. Okay, have a good vacation! — Regulus tried not to show his disappointment too
much
...Let's go to Hogsmeade together before we leave? I'd like to buy gifts for my family, and maybe you'd like to, too.

— I think it's a great idea. — The Slytherin was delighted with Max's offer.

Okay, I'll see you then?

— Yes, of course, — Black almost forgot which way he would have gone if not for his classmates.

___________________________________________

from the author
It's very short and I didn't describe Lea's relationship with Tom but I hope the next part will be better. Тт