Chapter 17

I woke up the next morning and grabbed my phone. I saw a message from Scotty. I opened it, instantly regretting it. "I am so sorry! I hate myself for doing that to you. Please call me. I miss you. I love you Nicole." I started to cry softly. I guess I woke Anni up.
"Nicole. What's wrong?"
"Scotty just text me."
"What did it say?"
"It said how he was sorry and he shouldn't of done that and that he missed me and loves me"
"Here. Give me your phone." I gave it to her and she started to text him back.
"Thanks" I said as she handed me back my phone. I didn't look at what the message said and I really didn't care. I shut my eyes and drifted back off to sleep.
SCOTTY'S POV:
I woke up and saw a text on screen from Nicole. Quickly, I opened up my phone and began to read. "Hey Scotty. It's one of Nicole's friends (she made me not tell you who it was). I can't believe that you did that to her. It's not her fault that the shooting happened the day that she was there. I thought you were different from all of the other guys, but you're just a selfish jerk. She needs time to handle things so bye. She will call you when she's ready to talk." Wow. Who could of said that. I guess that she is right. I hate myself for putting her through that. I am such a jerk. I know that it wasn't her fault. They say that you never know how much you love something until its gone, and now I know that it's true. I guess I'll go and talk to Ash. "Hey Ash?"
"Yeah Scotty?"
"I am really worried about Nicole"
"I know. I am too."
"What can we do?"
"I don't know Scotty. How 'bout I try and text her?"
"Really? You would do that?"
"Of course. She is one of my best friends too." She grabbed her phone out of her pocket and started to text something to Nicole, and then waited for a response.
NICOLE'S POV
I saw my phone buzz and saw a message on the screen. I thought it was Scotty, but to my surprise, it was Ashley. I couldn't just ignore her. She was another one of my best friends who cares about me. I grabbed my phone and started to look at it.
"What are you doing?"
"Ashley text me. I can't ignore her because she is one of my best friends too." I said as I read the text in my head "Are you ok? I need to talk to you. Meet at the lake?" I quickly text her back. "Yeah, I'm fine. Meet me at Bo's." I grabbed my things and walked out to my car. "Thanks Anni"
"Your welcome. Text me if you need anything."
"I will" I got in my car. I started to drive to Bo's to meet Ashley. "Hey" I said to Ashley when I walked in.
"Hey" she said pulling me into a hug. "How are you?"
"I'm fine. How are you?"
"I okay. It just kills me to see you hurt. And my brother for that fact."
"How is he?"
"He's a mess. He knows that he shouldn't of done that to you. He keeps saying that he hates himself and that he never knew how much you love something until its gone." Ashley said as I started to tear up.
"I love him and miss him. I hate myself. Ashley, what should I do?" I said through the tears.
"He's my brother. You're one of my best friends. I hate seeing you both hurt. I can't tell you what to do. You need to follow your heart." she said hugging me. We went to our vehicles and drove down the road. I pulled in after her and stayed in my car. She went inside.
SCOTTYS POV:
I was sitting on the couch watching tv. I heard the door squeak and saw Ashley there.
"How is she?" I asked.
"How 'bout if you go and find out?" She said looking towards the door. I didn't bother to put shoes on. I ran out the door and saw her car sitting right behind Ashley's car. I walked towards the passenger side and knocked on the window. She looked up and smiled a little. I opened the door and got in.
"Hey." I said softly.
"Hi" she said not looking at me.
"Look at me," I said taking her head and looking her straight in the eyes. Man, I missed seeing them. "I am so sorry. I know that it wasn't your fault. I should have never put you through that. I was just worried because I love you so much."
"I'm sorry Scotty. I should have told you where I was going. I'm sorry." I heard her say. I couldn't take it anymore. Slowly I leaned in and she did too. Right before our lips touched, I heard a knock on the door. I saw Ashley standing there with a smile on her face.
"What do you want?"
"I think that y'all have something to say to me?" she raised an eyebrow up.
"Like what?" Nicole and I said confused
"Like 'you are the bestest sister/friend in the whole entire world" she said with a smirk on her face. Nicole and I looked at each other and laughed.
"If I said that, I would be lying." Nicole said jokingly
"Whatever. But seriously, I knew that you couldn't stay mad at each other forever. You're way too cute for that." Nicole blushed slightly and I smiled.
"Thanks Ash"
"No problem bro. Now I'll leave you two alone." she said walking away. As soon as she walked away I turned to Nicole.
"Do you wanna come in and watch Idol?" She smiled and shook her head yes. We got out of the car and walked into my house. I had recorded it from the other night. After I got the tv all set up, I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the ice cream, 2 bowls, whipped cream, sprinkles, and last but not least, the cherries. After I got our ice cream sundaes all ready, I brought them out and sat down on the couch. We started watching the previews for it. When the little miniature interviews came on, it said. "And the first contestant comes from a place far from Milwaukee. Meet Scotty McCreery." I watched as Nicole's face grew huge with a big huge smile. She watched carefully. She started to laugh. "What? My audition is a very serious matter!" I said jokingly.
"Whatever 'American idol hopeful'" she said jokingly.
"That's MR. 'American Idol hopeful' to you!" I said giving her a kiss on the head. "I love you." We watched the rest of idol in silence. I closed my eyes and drifted off to a peaceful sleep.