025. i did something bad

Start from the beginning

Tori nodded, flashing her sweet smile. "I did... but we can talk about it over breakfast?" She asked. Glen looked away, back at a sleeping Charlie before he got to his feet.

"Fine, but I'm taking Charlie back to his dorm first." He decided, scooping the Salvatore into his arms before he walked away, not waiting for Tori to respond.

A few minutes later, Glen entered the kitchen where Tori was seated on the counter. By the stool sat a plate, knife and fork all neatly seat up.... though on the plate stood a tall can of Monster.

"Wow... real funny." Glen replied, though he was slightly amused. Tori couldn't help but to laugh— a genuine sound he hadn't heard in years. "Sorry I just... I have never really seen you eat proper food. I thought it was funny." The hybrid insisted as Glen rolled his eyes playfully before he took the can of Monster and opened it.

"Well, what did you want to talk about?" Glen asked, taking a sip of his caffeinated beverage. "Us." Tori began, "Particularly... how horrible I was to you."

Glen placed the can down on the counter and looked to her. Upon making eye contact, Tori quickly looked away as tears stung her eyes. Everytime she looked at the Forde, she could remember just how awful she had been to him while she had no humanity.

Eventually, she looked back to Glen, "I'm so sorry Glen... How I treated you was so horrible." Glen listened, but didn't respond as he felt like Victoria had more to say.

"I... I loved you and one minute I treated you as so, and the next I shut you out and acted as though you meant nothing to me." Tori explained, reaching out to take Glen's hands gently in her own.

"You were my last tether to my humanity and if I didn't push you away, I couldn't drown out the feelings of grief and anger that were eating away at me. It was selfish, but at the time all I wanted..." Victoria began to explain, "Pushing you away crushed me, but it completely broke you, and I.. I can't even begin to explain how sorry I am."

Glen looked up at Tori, noticing that for the first time in months she had a genuine expression gracing her features. Tears pooled in her blue hues, as guilt racked her face. She wished she could truly take away all of the pain she had caused him.

"I... I appreciate the apology." Glen finally said, pulling his hands away from Tori. "I think it will just take some time for me to... accept it." He sighed heavily, trying to fight back tears of his own.

Victoria quickly nodded, "Of course." She said, taking a step back, as she felt like she may have smothering his personal space a bit too much.

"You broke my heart... and it took me god, so long to ever want to open my heart up again to somebody..." Glen trailed off, as Tori tilted her head. "Is there someone... special then?" She asked curiously.

Glen nodded, "Well... perhaps. We haven't established anything or... even admitted to anything but..." He trailed off. "I... do have a crush on somebody."

"It's Charlie, isn't it?" Tori asked, as Glen's eyes widened, as he didn't plan on telling her a name. "H... How did you..." The Forde stammered, as the Mikealson smiled. "You guys have been hanging out a lot recently and I can see that you've been happier for it." She said. "You've had this smile that I haven't seen in so long."

"I won't tell him... don't worry. But I am happy for you." The blonde insisted, as Glen nodded. "Thanks." He replied, not really wanting to talk to the hybrid for much longer.