Millie X Oswald

Millie X Oswald

The afternoon started to finally settle down. Oswald was on his way back home from Jeff's Pizza. When he saw a figure sitting alone. He walked to the figure and was surprised to see the dark clothed, purple haired girl. "Uhh, hey? You okay?" Oswald asked the seemingly goth girl.
"I'm fine." She mumbled. Oswald sat next to the girl and she looked at him. "Did something happen to you?" He asked.
"No." She told him.
"I'm Oswald." Oswald said.
"Millie." She said.
"Are you sure you're okay?" Oswald asked.
"I got rejected. Happy?" Millie asked.
"Who rejected you?" Oswald asked.
"Who cares who it is or why it happened? It's in the past!" Millie boomed as she faced Oswald. "Just...leave me alone, Ozzie." She said, calling him a nickname.
"Okay. I'll let you go." He said. Millie left Oswald. Oswald was worried Millie was gonna cause some type of trouble to herself, so he followed her.

He saw Millie walk into the garage as she arrived at her house. He saw her approach a huge, white and pink animatronic bear. She checked its stomach. She opened it and saw she could go inside it. Oswald ran to Millie and grabbed her arm, pulling her away from the animatronic bear. "Hey!" She shrieked as Oswald pulled her. "What the hell was that about?! Wait, did you follow me here?!"
"You were about to crawl inside that robot. Its got nothing but metal in it. What if it activated? You'd die." Oswald said.
"Okay..." Millie didn't seem to be phased by his sentence. Oswald saw a paper on a table. He started reading it. "What is this?" He asked. "You clipped away the black thorny vines, that twisted around my wounded heart, so it could beat and feel relief from the pain..."
"Hey! That's mine!" She yelled as she went for it. Oswald turned away and kept reading it. "You are the gardener who wakes the plants, from the gray, chilly death of winter, so that they can blossom again like my heart, a slow-blooming blooded rose."
"Ozzie, thats my poem! Ozzie!" She yelled as she hid her face behind her hand. She revealed her face. "Oswald!"
"It's nice." He said. "It kind of suits you."
"Didn't ask for your opinion..." Millie said, although she appreciated it. "...but, thanks. Now give it back."
Oswald kindly handed the paper back, thats when her cousin, Cameron walks by the garage. "Millie? Since when did you have a boyfriend?"
"Huh? No, he's not even a friend-friend!" Millie says turning red. "Oswald, go. Get out of here!"
Oswald ran out of Millie's garage, knowing he might have embarrassed her, but happy he met her. And possibly saved her.

The next day...
Oswald had seen the same goth girl while walking through a hallway. He approached Millie while calling her name. "Millie!"
He caught Millie's attention. She and him made eye contact. Millie kept walking, gradually walking faster until Oswald caught up to her. "Hey, Millie, i knew it was you!" Oswald said.
"Don't talk to me, Ozzie. My family was bugging me last night because they saw us together." Millie spat.
"I'm sorry if i embarrassed you. I should have helped make it clear, but then again, you told me to run." Oswald said.
"And I'm glad you did. If my grandfather came out and saw us, he would've invited you in and then it would have been more awkward." Millie complained. Oswald hugged Millie, happy to see her again. She didn't return the gesture. "I didn't know you went to this school." Oswald said.
"I've been getting schedule changes. Its dumb." Millie said. The two began walking. "Whats your next class?"
"Uhh...room 3214."
"Oh, we're going to the same class then!" Oswald said happily.
"Oh. Yeah. Yippee." She said, unenthusiastically while raising an arm up. "Guess I'm gonna have to get to know you more then, won't I?"
"I'm afraid so. Maybe i can come over to your grandfather's place after school to explain myself as well." Oswald said.
"Maybe." Millie said. They walked to right outside the classroom. Millie immediately saw an open desk near the door. She dropped her bag and as she went to take a seat, she tripped over herself. Oswald went for it and caught her, wrapping his arm around her back. She held herself up by gripping onto Oswald's shoulders. Both of them turned red. "Uhh...thanks." Millie said, nervously. She got back on her feet as the bell rang. She sat down and Oswald sat in front of her. "Teacher doesn't really care where we sit." Oswald told her. He then whispered to her, "Ask not for whom the bells toll." Oswald was somewhat familiar with that phrase.
Millie smiled. "It tolls for thee." She whispered back.