Chapter 1

January 19, 2013

It's the first game of the shortened season because Gary Bettman doesn't care about the players... Only the money. Even though every NHL game brings in a boat load of money! But apparently, he just wants a yacht full of money... That part's a lie but you get the just of what happened.

"Jonny, better win," Patrick Kane, or Kaner as we like to call him, yelled over the room.

Everyone started to yell and holler through the room. I loved being on the Blackhawks since I first came here. They're all so nice and friendly and... I'm starting to sound like a girl. I'm not a girl. I'm a man! And... I am killing it.

"We'll win don't doubt Captain Serious," I smiled. I never really liked my nickname... I'm one of the youngest captains, youngsters like me aren't serious. We're care free. Captain care free. No.

"We better win Toews," warned Duncan Keith. "Or else." Duncan grabbed the air and placed it over his 'A'.

"What the hell was that?" Patrick asked. He has a tendency to swear often:

When his lace comes undone, "For fucks sake!"

When we lose a game, "It was all Jonny! All fucking Jonny's fault!"

When he says Sharpie and Patrick Sharp comes, "What the hell were you thinking? I meant the fucking writing utensil."

Well, back to our current situation, "I was trying to show Jonathan if we lose, I'm taking his role as captain." Duncan explained.

"That's not what it looked like." Patrick told him, he walked away and started to talk, or annoy, other members of the team.

Our head coach, Joel Quenneville, pulled me away after Patrick left. He took me out of the dressing room, just outside the door, "Jonathan, you have to make this season a good one. After we lost the playoffs last year, we have to show the NHL who's boss." He told me.

I smiled, "As many wins as possible. Playoff spot, hopefully-"

Joel cleared his throat, "Playoff spot defiantly. Stanley Cup here we come!" I yelled. "Better?" I questioned.

Joel laughed, "Much better, now let's get the guys in there fired up!" He yelled, he even scared a few people.

Joel and I walked into the room, everyone was sitting in their lockers. I took a seat under my locker, "You know what we're going to do this year?" Joel asked.

"Win!" Everyone yelled.

"What are we going to win?"

"The Stanley cup!"

"Who are we going to beat?"

"Everyone!"

"Ok, anything you have to say, Captain?" Joel looked at me.

"Nope, nothing."

"Well I do," Kaner got up from his locker. "Remember guys, if we win; you all get a girl. You get a goal; you get two girls. Now, if you get the overtime girl; you get three girls and a round of beers."

Everyone was silent, not knowing if he was being legit or not. Patrick sat back down in his locker and looked at the ground, "Ok," stated Joel. "Now lets go out there and win!" He yelled.

Everyone started to yell and holler. But Patrick stayed in his locker. I was the second last to leave the change room. Patrick walked behind me and he tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around to face him, "Remember what I said." He told me.

"I already have a girl," I reminded him.

"Yes but no one likes her." He snapped.

"Since when?" I questioned.