Always in my mind, Forever in my heart (1)

Start from the beginning

He smiled weekly and put his other hand on my 9 months bump.

,,I am so exited for next week." He said and the exited sparkle in his eyes made me smile. I put my hand on his head and stroked it.

,,Me too. Can you believe? We will finally meet our daughter!" I grinned.

Again, as so often, a sad shaddow flew over his eyes.

I sighed and dropped on my knees, to be on his height. I cupped his face with my hands.

,,Baby, I love you. No matter what, kay? We gonna get through this, and we gonna get through this together, remember?" I repeated the words we promised each other.

,,I don't deserve you. And you.. don't deserve this.." he pointed at himself. Tears were forming in his eyes.

,,You deserve a man, who can protect you, who can take you out, who can take you to dance, who can.. who can.. who can grow old with you. Who you can raise your daughter with. You don't deserve a mess like me. Look at me! what do you see? A weak, ugly, coughing man.. " He aggressively grabbed his bald head while tears where running down his cheeks.

,,Tom, love." I slightly lifted his head so that he could look me in the eyes. ,,Do you know what I see, when I look at you? I see my beautiful and strong husband, the love of my life, struggling but fighting. Do you even know how fucking proud I am? You are fighting for us. For our little girl. I know you are in pain. And yet you don't give up. I fucking love you. And nothing will ever change that. No fallen hair, no setbacks and no diagnoses."

I was crying too.

Tom smiled weakly while we layed our foreheads at each other.

,,I love you too, Daya. You're the best that ever happened to me."

I tried to smile as well.

We sat like that for a few minutes, until Tom had to cough again.

,,What did the doctor said, yesterday? How long..?" he weakly asked and looked at me.

I swallowed. ,,Two o-or three months.. he doesn't know for sure though.."

He nodded and took a deep breath, before looking into my eyes and smiling sadly.

,,That's good. I am still able to meet our daughter."

I swallowed again and tried to be as thankful as he was, instead of tearing up.

,,Yeah.." my voice broke, though. ,,What do you think she will look like?'' 

,,She'll probably have your beautiful caramel skin. And your beautiful hair. And your beautiful..-"

I laughed and pecked his cheek. ,,Honey, I love you. But you know, she'll have your genes as well. And I personally hope she will look more like you."

Tom curiously looked at me. ,,Really, why?"

I swallowed and lowered my gaze, while mindlessly caressing his cheek. ,,So that she'll remind me of you a-and.. so that you're still be there.. that I see you in her.." I teared up again, and Tom wrapped his arms around me and gently stroke my back.

,,I will always be there, love. Always."  

I closed my eyes and tried to calm down, relaxing into his embrace.

,,Do you wanna.. uhm.. watch a movie?" I asked after a few minutes of calming down.

Tom smiled and nodded. ,,I'd love to, babe. Make yourself comfortable, I'll order takeout."

I grinned, kissed him and walked, well, more waddled to the living room and flopped onto the couch. As I grabbed a blanket, I noticed Tessa and Noon playfully bickering and fighting over some toy. I laughed called Noon, soon after the two dogs made themself comfortable next to me.