Chapters 941 - 945

Começar do início

The ruler of the mightiest country under the Heavens was at the moment feeling unprecedented helplessness and terror!

"Do not forget, that Imperial Decree, is currently still in the hands of the Empress Dowager." Jun Wu Xie reminded the Emperor helpfully.

The Empress Dowager had always followed the will of the First Emperor of their line and even if the Emperor was her own descendant, she would not change her mind about it.

"Rest assured though. I will not become the Emperor of the Fire Country." Jun Wu Xie said suddenly.

The Emperor's eyes immediately flashed with a glimmer of hope!

But Jun Wu Xie's eyes was still filled with that same glint of icy chill.

"After you abdicate, and the throne is handed over to me, I will immediately make a decree, to have Lei Chen become the next Fire Country's Emperor!"

The Emperor's eyes flared wide open once again, as his gaze suddenly turned to see Lei Chen's eyes showing the exact same expression.

Jun Wu Xie truly cared nothing for the throne, and was even handing it over to one of such lowly birth, a bastard child where the blood of a palace maid and lowly guard flowed in his body! The Emperor suddenly felt that his mind had been caught up in an incessant whirl!

~

~

~

Chapter 942 : Empress Dowager (1)

If Jun Xie was truly going to do that, then all that the Emperor had previously done in scheme was deemed for nought.

Even when Jun Xie knew the secret behind the Ring of Imperial Fire, he still held nothing but disdain for the throne of the Fire Country. The Emperor turned to look fearfully at Jun Xie and he could not help but think. [If he had not harboured thoughts of eradicating Jun Xie right from the start, if he had treated Jun Xie exactly like how he had treated all the other youths, would that mean that none of this would have happened?]

Alas, there was no medicine or cure for regrets under these heavens!

The Emperor sat trembling in his throne, and he suddenly felt cold and his body chilled. The chill ran through his entire body which suddenly made his own ring on his finger feel icy cold.

"I am the Empress Dowager's grandson..... She will not..... She will not help you....." Till the last moment, the Emperor was still struggling against the fact.

"Oh? Is that so?" Jun Wu Xie's lips curled up at the corners in a cold smile.

From the back of the main hall, three figures suddenly appeared.

The Grand Adviser was with the real Qu Ling Yue, and an old lady with a full head of white hair walked slowly into the main hall.

"Empress Dowager!" Lei Xi who had been been standing dazed within the main hall suddenly gasped in surprise when he saw the Empress Dowager.

The Emperor screamed out immediately: "Grandmother! Save your grandson! This conniving thief wants to take your grandson's life!"

The Fire Country's Empress Dowager was already coming close to a hundred years old and the long years had left indelible traces of its passing on her countenance, but the poised and unperturbed demeanor she carried herself with however stood out the most.

Since the passing of the First Emperor of this line, the Empress Dowager had assisted the late Emperor to ascend the throne. And after the late Emperor handed the throne down to her grandson, she had completely closed herself off and lived in seclusion within the Imperial Palace, never interfering with all affairs, big or small, be it in the Imperial Court or back within the Imperial Harem, never once asking about a single thing, to the extent that many of the Court Officials who attended Court every morning had almost forgotten the existence of the Empress Dowager.