late night voice notes *

You were surprised to see that you had received a notification late last night from Jenna. She's normally quiet when she's working, but you are always excited to hear from her especially since she sent a voice note.

You press play, the sound of her clearing her throat, makes you smile slightly. You haven't heard her voice in quite a while.

"Hey y/n...you know I don't normally do these things, but I just felt the need to, you know. Especially now that you're asleep.

Ah, so here I go...
Sometimes I sit quietly and I just have to break into a smile when I think about you and what you mean to me.

You literally opened your arms to me and just took me as I am.You never wanted to change me, only wanted the best for me. I don't always agree, but I know you're doing it out of a place of love. No wonder my parents like you so much.

I haven't told you this, but remember the first time you met my mother... The moment you left she told me: "This is the kinda people you need to keep around. Not to take advantage of, but to just love." After a few months of getting to know you, I fully agree with that statement.

I couldn't have asked for a better supporter and cheerleader. You're there for me in the good and shitty...I mean real shitty times. And I am genuinely grateful for that and to you. Being well-known and recognised while just walking a street can be stressful, but even through all that, you will make sure to give my hand a squeeze before I'm being escorted by my bodyguards. I've never told you this, but keep doing it. It makes me calm, along with my music.

Even when I'm gone for months, when we meet up again, it's like time never passed. I have so much respect for you.
You're the friend I never thought I needed or deserved to have. I don't know what I did to have you in my life and call you my friend. My family.

I want us to be in each others lives for a long long time. I need a life time to share all the love I have for you.You're the best.

Uh so...I'm just gonna leave it at that. Yeah, they're calling me to shoot soon and I need to go. But I love you, y/n. Always."

The voice note stopped playing. And you felt lump in your throat. The tears burning your eyes.

Jenna had no idea how much you needed to hear that. That your effort was appreciated and seen.

You haven't been feeling yourself the last two days, but this chased all the dark clouds away in an instant.
This was what made you a little stronger, push a little harder and love a little more. This made it all worth it. The difference your love made to another. That to you is everything.

Author's Note:

Hi everyone, it's been a while! I decided to try something new and I do hope you enjoy.

And if you did enjoy please don't be shy to vote/comment.

Sending you lots of love.