7

Kiana

The next day I wake up to my phone ringing, I lift my head from the pillow and feel it throb. I slowly get out of bed and walk towards my bag on the floor, the phone has stopped ringing but after a while it starts again. I pick up the phone and see that it's Elisa, I haven't spoken to her since I got here, what's so urgent that she's called me 15 times before 12 o'clock in the day.

I go back to the bed and answer "Eh hi" immediately Elisa starts talking "What happened yesterday? Tell me everything?" I frown, yesterday? Nothing happened? "What are you talking about?" I ask her completely unaware. "Yes there are pictures of you all over the internet, you have gained over 5000 followers since yesterday, how did this happen?" She answers. "I have no idea? I have been sleeping until now" I answer her, still completely confused. "People write that you were in a nightclub with Lando Norris and Max Fucking Verstappen." Well, that's what all this is about, I still don't understand why this is such a big deal though? "Yes? Or what? What's strange about that" I answer her.

My brain still hasn't fully come to life yet and my head is pounding the more she screams at me on the phone. "What's strange about that? Don't you know who they are? Don't you know you were out with two of the most desirable guys yesterday?" Now she's calmed down a bit, but I can still hear in her voice that she can't understand why I'm so calm. "I didn't know who they were until last night, and after they told me I didn't think it was such a big deal. Lando is my neighbor and Max is a guy I knocked on the door on the first day I was here" I answer her with a laugh.

I shouldn't have laughed, my head feels like it's going to explode. "OMG Kiana!! You're next door to, LANDO NORRIS. And you smashed a door on MAX FUCKING VERSTAPPEN. This is the sickest thing I have ever heard. They are super famous, all girls want them! They have millions of followers on Instagram Kiana, how could you not know?" She asks in a shrill voice. Now the head spins even more. "How should I know? They said they drive Formula 1, but they seem like normal guys to me. I've never seen them before" "that's exactly why you should listen to me when I babble about all my celebrity crushes" she answers me a little sourly, then she continues "I've been talking about them for years Kiana, I've shown lots of pictures of the for you." I know Elisa talks about guys and by that I mean a lot, every day there was someone new, so I haven't memorized everyone's name or what they look like. "I had no idea, sorry," I reply. She laughs on the other end of the phone. "Shit, tell me everything, how are they? Are they as beautiful in real life? Are they nice?" The questions just pour out of her, what can I say? I'm simply telling her everything I know. "Yes, Max and I had a bad start, I kind of slammed a door on him on the first day, then he was extremely rude and I didn't think about it anymore, I was never going to see him again. I met Lando in the elevator here in the house, he was super nice and we then met again at the beach he asked if I wanted to go out with him and his friends from England in the evening, of course I said yes, because I don't have any friends here yet. When we're about to leave, I see how Max is in his apartment and I just want to disappear, it starts out really stiff and embarrassing but thenit's get better, he still makes some rude comments but seemed to open up a little more during the evening. Lando, on the other hand, is very cute and kind, definitely a guy I can be friends with" I answer completely honestly.

Elisa continues to babble on the other end of the phone when I hear a knock on the door, "Elisa wait a minute, there's a knock on the door" I reply as I get out of bed and walk towards the door. Outside, Lando stands in sweats and looks up at me with a shy expression, "Hey, can I come in?" "Absolutely, I just woke up to my phone ringing" as I finish that sentence I hear Elisa scream on the other end, "sorry, it's my friend from home, she's a little hyped about the whole situation." I say and point to the mobile phone that is on the couch that Lando has now sat on, he just laughs in response. "Can I just change quickly? I fell asleep immediately when I got home yesterday" I say with a laugh as I go back into my bedroom. "Absolutely, I'm in no hurry" Lando replies with a smile. As I'm about to close the door to the bedroom, I hear Lando say "Hey Kiana's friend".

Oh my God, he's talking to Elisa on my phone, she's going to die. I hear him laugh as I take off my dress and throw on a pair of sweat shorts and a Hoodie. I take the opportunity to go to the bathroom as well, when I come out into the living room I see Lando still sitting and talking on my phone. "Kiana is coming back, we can talk more some other time, I want to know everything" says Lando before handing me the phone. "Kiana Wilson, this is the sickest thing I've ever been through. Call me later" says Elisa before hanging up. I just look at my phone and then I start laughing. I sit on the couch next to Lando and check him out. "Sorry, I didn't know it was going to be such a big deal out of all this, I should have told you before" he says while looking down at his clasped hands in his lap. "There is absolutely no danger, I didn't think it would turn out like this either after you told me yesterday that you were famous," I answer with a smile. "I just don't want you to think I'm taking advantage of you to get more followers or something like that," I say after a moment of silence. Lando lifts his head and looks at me. "Huh? Why should we believe that? You didn't even know who we were? This is completely our fault," he replies in surprise. "Okay, good, what happens now? I haven't even opened my social media and checked where people are saying" "There are a lot of rumors about which of us you are dating, who you are and why we hang out with us" I just look at him with my mouth open. "Oh my god, which one of you am I dating? I have to check right now" I say with a laugh.

Lando stays for a while and we check our social media and talk about everything and nothing. We decided to just leave it at that, there are no rumors worth responding to and most will die out within days. When Lando goes back to his apartment, I jump in the shower and take a long shower before ordering food and spending the rest of the day on the couch. Before I fall asleep, I see that I have a new notice on Instagram that catches my interest. I've been getting new notifications all day, but this particular one is special. Even though it has been a completely sick day, I still fall asleep with a smile on my face.

 Even though it has been a completely sick day, I still fall asleep with a smile on my face