17- Starcourt and Scoops

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, yeah okay" Will sighs, quiet into his phone.

Will cuts off the line

The two boys walk side by side. Aligning steps. Making their way up the escalators toward the store that read 'Scoops Ahoy'. Mike holds all of Will's bags, he wore his sunglasses and baseball cap. Will looked toward his best friend, the redhead looked at him a smirk on her face. A look that said, 'tell me everything later'

The group walk into Scoops Ahoy, listening to the sailor music that played in the background, a few teenagers littered the booths. The line was small, Will starts a conversation with Mike,

"You know I used to work here last year" The shorter boy blurts, Mike eyes widened asking Will questions about the job. He was fascinated- Mike had always been an actor, never having any other jobs.

The group finally reached the counter, Lucas stood in front of the group repeatedly ringing the bell. Will looked on confused. A youthful girl popped from behind the counter

"Will you please shut up" Erica stands behind the counter, both arms placed on the counter. Will and Mike stood behind the rest exchanging words between the two of them

"Lucas, I told you not to bring your nerdy friends while I'm working" The youthful girl behind the counter reprimanded. She scrunched her eyebrows, placing a hand on her face.

"They're celebrities" Lucas whispers across the counter

"And I'm a national treasure" Erica sarcastically laughs, crossing her arms over her chest.

"So, you gonna order or what?" Erica adds looking at her nails uninterested in her job. She produced a loud sigh. Lucas begins to order his dessert followed by Dustin, El and Max.

The group one by one they give their orders stand by the side waiting for the others, the two girls leave to choose a seat, choosing a booth that was shaped like a boat. El's eyes lit up sitting down on the plumped padding, admiring the store jumping up and down on the seat, she pretends to be a sailor as Max looks at her with bewilderment.

"Will!!!" Erica changes demeanour looking at the chestnut-haired boy, she smiled leaning over the counter.

"At least Lucas has good taste in friends" She looks over to Lucas who stared at Will

"You know my sister?" the athletic boy raises his eyebrows.

"We used to work together last year." Will quietly says.

"Yeah, yeah that's a great story but we are very busy so order puh-lease" Erica snaps looking at the boys, placing a fake smile on her face.

Will apologises and orders and gives his money, his order was simple compared to the rest of the group. All he wanted was a simple ice cream cone. Will isn't a big dessert person, sure he loved to eat dessert, but he could never consume a large amount in one go. He usually always shares with his mother as Joyce had the same dessert problem as Will does.

"Umm can I have a waffle plate please" the taller boy orders, his voice quiet as Erica asked questions about the ice cream choices

Mike takes out his wallet preparing to pay, a hand grabs his arms stopping him from taking any money out

"Remember I said this time it's on me" Will says. He maintains eye contact with the taller boy as will slips money on the counter paying for the dessert