While Jiang Chijing had said that he would tattle to Luo Hai, he hadn't taken it to heart and gradually ended up forgetting about this offhand trifle.

Ignoring Yu Guang's burning gaze, he told Luo Hai about the kid's plan to mess with Zheng Mingyi. At this, anyone could see that Luo Hai was genuinely angry.

"You know how dangerous he is, right? And you still want to look for trouble?" Luo Hai flared up, scolding Yu Guang straight to the face. "Look at Old Nine, look at Chen Er. You only hurt your ankle that time, but if you keep going on, he might beat you up so badly that you'd be incapacitated for life."

"If I become incapacitated," Yu Guang mumbled softly, "you'll take care of me, won't you, Dr. Luo?"

"Are you listening to me at all?"

"Hehe, Dr. Luo is the best," Yu Guang cajoled, cackling.

"Get out." Luo Hai pointed at the door. "Don't keep running over to me when you've nothing better to do."

"C'mon, relax, Dr. Luo." Yu Guang nestled in the chair, refusing to move. "That evil guy is still locked up in confinement, how can I provoke him?"

Jiang Chijing looked at those two banter back and forth, suddenly feeling a little extra.

Gauging the time, Zheng Mingyi should be let out of confinement tomorrow morning.

Previously, Jiang Chijing told him that he would chat with him if the mood struck him. In actuality, he hadn't been there once until now, not because he wasn't in the mood, but purely because he was too lazy to.

However, it really was a bit boring today. Jiang Chijing considered it. He bid Luo Hai goodbye, then left for the library to take the Strawberry Planting Techniques that he hadn't finished reading.

Block A was the furthest block from the admin block. Jiang Chijing walked over from the connecting corridor on the second floor, along the way running into many colleagues curious why he was appearing at the cell blocks.

Jiang Chijing merely said that he had something to do, bearing the weight of his colleagues' curious eyes as he arrived at the confinement cells.

This was also a reason why Jiang Chijing was too lazy to look for Zheng Mingyi. Block A was too far away; on this walk over from the library, he had to greet god knows how many of his colleagues.

It wasn't as if chatting with Zheng Mingyi was some confidential secret. He had the book clamped under his arm. If anyone really persisted with their questions, he would brush them off saying that he was getting Zheng Mingyi to study.

Zheng Mingyi's mood was visibly worse than two days ago. When Jiang Chijing slid the window open, he languidly leaned over, greeting Jiang Chijing. "You're here, Officer Jiang."

He could hear a trace of complaint in his voice, as if asking him why had he only come now.

Just like last time, Jiang Chijing's back leaned against the door. As he flipped the book in his hands, he casually asked, "Does it feel good being in confinement?"

"Not really," Zheng Mingyi said.

Jiang Chijing had seen inmates have mental breakdowns in confinement cells and knew that this wasn't a place for people to stay in. It really spoke lengths of how harsh Zheng Mingyi was being on himself to exchange 72 hours in confinement for a single cell.

"If it doesn't feel good then stop making trouble," Jiang Chijing said.

"Mm-hmm."

Jiang Chijing flipped to where he had last stopped, cleared his throat, and began to read, "Strawberry jam recipes..."