Part Four

I feel around my bedside table for my phone that's been ringing nonstop for the past five minutes. 

            “Hello?” I say groggily, without looking at the caller ID. 

            “Hey,” a deep voice says, one that sounds awfully familiar. 

            I groan. “What do you want, Tyler? You better have a good excuse for waking me up.” 

            “Why are you sleeping on a Friday?” He asks in a way that suggests I’m absolutely out of my mind. 

            I stifle a yawn and tell him it’s because my plans got canceled. 

            “Great!” He exclaims. “Now I can take you out like we agreed.”

            “No, like you blackmailed me,” I correct him. I tried to avoid him for the past two days just so I wouldn't have to give him my number, but it's no use seeing that we now, thanks to me, sit next to each other in class. 

            “Whatever, now get ready, I'll pick you up in twenty minutes.”

            “Too bad I value my sleep more than you,” I say then hang up. I snuggle into my bed and close my eyes, ready to go back to sleep but my phone rings. I don't need to be a genius to know who it is. 

            Sighing, I pick it up and put it on silent. He keeps on ringing for the next ten minutes and the vibrating of my phone is driving me crazy. I turn it off thinking that he won't have any way to contact me, but then I hear him calling me through my open window. 

            I cover my head with my comforter, trying to drown out the sound. I will not succumb, I will not succumb, I will not not— ah, who am I kidding?

            “Shut up!” I yell loudly and he does so that means he heard me. 

            Just as I think I'll finally be able to go back to my nap, I hear the rustling of my curtains followed by a thump. I move the comforter from off of my head to see what the ruckus is about and scream. 

            “What are you doing here?” I yell, holding the covers close to my body. 

            He pats down his pants, smoothing them down and doesn't look at all fazed by the fact that he just broke into my room through my window. That's it, I'm never leaving it open and I'll make sure to glue it shut so that he can never do that again. 

            “Making sure you don't bail on me,” he says nonchalantly. I'm just glad gran went out today. 

            He reaches for the covers to pull them off. “Don't you dare,” I say. It's bad enough he's forcing me to go out with him after he woke me up from my sleep and broke into my grandmother's house, but pull off my covers too? I don't think so. Not to mention that the shorts I'm wearing are short enough to pass as underwear. 

            “Will you get up willingly?” 

            I glare at him. “Fine, but get out of my room. Actually, pass me those pants over there,” I say pointing to my desk chair. He does as I say and I put my pants on under the covers. 

            Twenty minutes later, I'm dressed in my favorite jeans and a grey sweater. I could've put on something nicer, but Tyler pisses me off, so I don't. I leave a note for my grandmother on the kitchen counter and follow him to his car.