[Prologue] | The Emperor

He was always told that winning was everything. Losing wasn't an option, whether he liked it or not.

From what he was told by his father, winning was like breathing for them. That mindset had been within him all throughout his childhood, hammered into his mind to make sure he truly understood it. By winning, you get everything, the losers getting nothing and denied everything. That was the mindset that was put unto him. Always to strive for absolute excellence.

Because of the reason why he was raised this way, the boy grew to have a strong winners mentality. He had never faced any sort of loss or defeat, not knowing what the taste of this so-called feeling of "defeat". Therefore, he saw himself as a figure of absolute power, willing to trample anyone that stood in the way. 

A being who only knows excellence and the skill in their power, considered to be the top of everything.

---

A young boy gasped, looking up in fear as he felt himself falling backward. Like the muscles in his ankles suddenly stopped and failed, causing him to fall back and land onto his rear. He felt his arms tremble, his hands shaking as they nervously and shakily tried to stumble back on the paved sidewalk. The boy's appearance gave off to that of the typical bastard or delinquent-type character. Bleached hair that is typically blonde, slanted eyes that were currently quivering in fear, a school uniform that wasn't up to dress code, and ear piercings.

Though, it seemed this young fourteen year old was but a mere gang leader of delinquents, his lackeys and troop members all quivering in fear behind him as they stared at the imposing figure in front of them. This imposing figure didn't seem to be looking that terrifying. At first glance, anyway. He had a bit of a small stature, but wasn't that quite short. He had spiky, crimson red hair, having long bangs that the middle part reached just above the top part of his nose. His hands shoved in his pocket in a nonchalant gesture that looked completely normal for an average student. But it was his expression and eyes that gave off that terrifying aura to these delinquents. Those eyes of his could be considered quite large, his eyes a red-maroon color with his pupils being vertical, akin to that of a snake's. But what scared them the most was the way his eyes gave off an ominous looking red glow, seeing this red glowing circle that surrounded his irises, along with that nearly emotionless looking face. So composed, stoic, and fearless.

"I am absolute," he spoke, his voice almost booming throughout the area. "Know your place."

They couldn't even utter a single word. With shrill and terrified squeals, the delinquents ran off, looking at what seemed to be a basketball court. There were some passersby outside of the metal fence, looking at the boy in awe. With a small grin and a bit of an amused scoff, he kneeled down and picked up the basketball that was on the floor.

Holding it, he spun it onto the tip of his finger for a few seconds before he stopped it. Turning around, he tossed it behind him, the ball soared through the air before it landed into the basket, cleanly. Not even hitting the backboard or the rim.

'That's right... I am absolute. Defeat is never an option. All that matters... Is winning. Nothing more, nothing less.'

That's right. That is how Asahi Himuro was raised.

Always achieve for absolute excellence and perfection. Win at all costs. To gain everything, as that was his right as someone who stands at the very top of everything and everyone.

The Emperor.

---

Alright, so, I decided to stop joshing around after the little April fools joke I posted yesterday. I decided to get off my ass and finish the prologue so you all can read it, even though I'm adding even more onto my plate due to my other multiple projects I've started, lol. Anyway, here's the prologue to the book, and it is short.

Just wanted to give a little introduction of the main character here. Though, I do have a few notes to give out.

1 - As I've stated before when talking about this particular series, I've already set in stone that the love interest for the main character is Suzune Horikita. She is the one I like the most, but there are also other contenders. I don't want to see any comments or messages of the sort to change the love interest or make it harem. This is the stance I chose to pick and I will stand by it. However, there is a possibility I'll do another book of this that will have a different love interest. But, that will be in the far-ish future, kind of, idk.

2 - The most common thing I've seen with COTE fics is that Kiyotaka doesn't appear in the story. Now, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to do that, so I may not have him appear in the beginning and probably have him appear later on in the story, not sure. However, I'm still building things up and determining on how I want the story to go, so technically, this story hasn't been fully released yet.

3 - The MC will have a "supernatural" kind of thing going on. I'm taking a bit of inspiration from a fellow writer/friend, Zumo_Lin, who does a similar kind of thing. The reason why is because I also based my OC off a certain character in a certain manga/anime. The hint of who I based the character off of is the cover picture and the title of this book.

4 - Lastly, I am going to be following maybe both the anime and light novel. Don't know which one I'll officially go off of, but I'll most likely compare both materials and then go from there on which one I believe will work the best. More so, I will have the MC go with the usual Class D route. I could start him off in Class A or B, or even Class C, but there's a pivotal reason as to why he will start with Class D. Well, I wouldn't say pivotal, but there is a reason why.

Now, that's all the notes I'll have pointed out, but if you want to know more, I will tell all that I can give without spoiling much. Anyway, here's a small prologue for you after the April fool's joke after yesterday.

Until I continue it, readers. Have a good one!