athenaeum {kokonoi hajime} pt. 2

3 weeks ago, Coffee Shop

It was just any normal night for Hajime, nothing was special or interesting to him in any way. The sky was already dark blue, clouds seemed to be nonexistent as the lonely beautiful moon was enough to make the view above look pulchritudinous. He had eaten dinner and might as well say that his night routine is almost complete and all he had to do is get prepared to bed and dive deep into his slumber. Mostly, nights are just for him to prepare to go to sleep after working so hard during the day, that's how it always felt for him.

But tonight, it was slightly different. He wanted to add on a different routine for the night.

He never knew why but he just has this sudden urge to go find his favorite coffee in the nearby coffee shop of his University. Right, furthering PhD was never easy and he sure sometimes likes to rethink his decision and if there's a choice for him to turn back, he will honestly.

He doesn't even know why he decided to take a PhD course, it wasn't one of his plans in his life at all and sure is random. It just happen out of the whim and surely, if he was cruel enough to admit it, he doesn't need the PhD certificate at all, because he has always been a genius that he doesn't even need a certificate to prove his immaculate intelligence.

Maybe he was just seeking something more challenging in his life. Well, since he is the president of TK&KO group and he is living such a prosperous life, he can get anything that he wanted with a flick of his finger. He doesn't need a genie in a bottle to grant three wishes for him because he is his own genie and in fact he can make countless of his wishes come true, if he wanted to.

Especially with his intelligence in making money, he can already envision from his young age how luxurious his life will be and surprise, surprise it sure is. And now, he's taking a PhD course that is literally about money again?

Finance and Accounting.

Can't he just take a break from it already? Isn't he just sick of getting associated with it all the time?

Maybe, taking this PhD is just his intention to study more on how to make money, because he is aware of how knowledge will never be enough to a person. It's limitless, there's never-ending to it, no one is going to reach to the end and say they have enough knowledge and they can't seek any of it anymore.

Or is it because most people keep on telling him how difficult PhD is when actually...it's just easy peasy to him and guess, it is true, he just can get anything that he wants and nothing in this world will ever become difficult for him. It's just the perks of being Kokonoi Hajime, God favors him too much so he has it all too easy.

As his car finally arrived at the coffee shop, he parked his car and pulled the handbrake, all ready to exit his car. He went his way out and locked it, he truly has no emotions to feel at this moment, because it seems nothing in this world excites him at all anymore. They say money can buy you happiness since you're able to have anything that makes you happy, but you see, even happiness has its own ending and truly, it was never the result that really matter, it has always been the process that is. Because if you ever ask anyone that went from poor to rich, they wouldn't say the wealthiness that they're having now is the one that made them happy, it was just the struggle and effort which were bittersweet to them are the ones that bloom their happiness.