Ogre

~~~

~~~

After the particularly horrifying train ride, the group sat down at the Slytherin table and politely clapped as Dumbledore finished his start of year speech. Elara could feel Harry's eyes on her, which was unfortunately a usual occurrence she had learnt to ignore.

"My god, this dude needs to get a grip." Leo rolled his eyes, flipping the boy off when he turned around to glare at him.

Pretending that she didn't notice had a much larger impact than feeding into his delusions and giving him any sense of false hope. No matter how many times she told the boy she wasn't interested he wouldn't take no for an answer. It infuriated her sometimes but it was easier to be friends with him and pretend it didn't bother her than make a scene and lose her friendship with the Gryffidor trio.

"Reminds me of James." Sirius said with a frown. One of the things that annoyed him the most about James was his inability to take no for an answer, sometimes it was helpful but other times it was unnecessary.

"Oi, El. Are you actually gonna eat anything or were you planning on just sitting there and looking pretty?" Blaise chuckled tugging at the ends of her hair at an attempt to gain her attention.

"You do need to work on the eating thing, it's not healthy to skip meals you know." Astro furrowed his brows, concerned for his daughter. His words were ignored by his daughter who didn't even look at him. One thing about being the golden child is that she couldn't get away with anything, even if her brother was doing the exact same thing.

"Bugger off Blaise, I'm not even hungry. Plus I'm trying to save myself for the party later." Elara added on the last sentence once she noticed the worried looks her friends sent her.

"Why are we never invited to any parties?" Ron huffed.

"Because you lot are boring and would bring a teacher as a date."

"Maybe you should just try and eat a little something anyway, Lara. Do you want me to make you up a sandwich?" Daphne softly spoke, knowing about her friend's tendency to not take care of herself.

"It's alright Daph, don't worry about it." Elara smiled before starting up a conversation with a girl in the year below to take her mind off the multiple stares she was receiving. The worried looks of her friends, the longing gaze of Harry and the distrustful glares of her peers, most likely due to her fugitive uncle, were starting to deeply annoy her.

She could not wait to have a drink.

~~~