uǝʌǝS ɹǝʇdɐɥϽ

Start from the beginning

In between the explanation, trash was thrown towards them, making Y/N and Max both let out something out of their mouths. "Jesus." "Oh!"

"Ugh!" Mike grunted as he stepped aside some trash.

"Well, well, well." Lucas said as he dropped out of the container and spotted Dustin. "Look who finally decided to show up. After I drew the short straw. Real convenient."

"You stink!" Max exclaimed as she hid her nose from the smell and walked away from Mike to stand in the middle of Dustin and Y/N. "Hi Max." Dustin nicely greeted the ginger. "Hi?"

"Where's Will?" Dustin asked again as Mike shrugged. "He'll be here."

"And you just gonna stand there?" Lucas asked as he threw a stick at Dustin, who luckily catched it. "Or you gonna help?"

○●○

"All living things, from complex mammals to single-celled organisms, instinctively respond to danger. Expose a bacterium to a toxic chemical, and it will flee. Or deploy some other defense mechanism." Mr. Clarke spoke towards the class as Y/N looked around to see that he really was the only one interested in the story.

"We're very much the same." he continued. "When we encounter danger, our hearts start pounding. Our palms start to sweat. These are the signs of the physical and emotional state we call fear."

○●○

"Anything?" Lucas asked as Mike ran back to the group, who were now either standing or seated on the short stairs.

"We need to talk. AV room. Right now." he spoke as Mike walked up the stairs while everyone stood up. "Party members only." Mike said, mainly directed towards Y/N and Max.

"Come on, Mike

"Come on, Mike." Dustin tried but was quickly shut down. "No! This is non-negotiable."

"Sorry, Max." "Sorry." Dustin and Lucas apologized as Y/N let out a sigh of frustration. "Jesus Christ."

"Told you." Max sighed as she sat down in her previous spot on the staircase. "They don't want us here."

"I'm actually beginning to believe you with that theory." Y/N sighed as he sat down beside the ginger. "Tell you what. Tomorrow, we'll go spend the entire day at the arcade." Y/N proposed as Max let out a chuckle. "What? You, at the arcade?"

"What's the matter, Mayfield?" Y/N asked as he held his hand up between them. "Scared that I'll beat your highscore?"

Max smiled before connecting their hands in a handshake. "Not a chance, L/N."

○●○

The bell rang through the school as Y/N followed Max to her locker. "So, arcade tomorrow, yeah?" Y/N asked as Max nodded. "Yup."

"Hey, Max. Hey, Y/N." a voice spoke up behind them, making the male mutter a 'oh, hell no'. "Have you seen Dustin? We're supposed to meet after class."

𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | 𝐌𝐚𝐱 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara