~Chapter 3~ Update 12/30/19

Start from the beginning

Carefully, I called out to her. "Briar?"

"Yeah?" She answered sniffling.

"Can I come up?"

"I don't care." She threw her hands. I stood there, debating if I should leave or stay. "I'm so sorry. Yes you can." She said, apologizing.

I smiled and began to climb up the tree until I reached her. I swung in front of her and watched as she curled herself up, pulling her knees to her chest and placing her arms over her mouth and nose when she laid her head on her knees.

"Hey," I said unconsciously wiping her tears away. I smiled at her and reached for her chin and tilted her head so I could see all of her face.

She sniffled. "Hi," she responded.

"Everyone's looking for you." I said as I made my way to her hands so I could pull her closer to me and hold her. I wrapped my arms around her and began to soothe her by rubbing circles on her back. She began to slowly melt into my arms and loosening up.

"Well if this was a game, you'd win because you found me," she chuckled into my chest.

I smiled. "Is it okay if i put you in my lap?" I asked softly.

"please," she simply responded. I manipulated my arms under her legs and around her body. I swiftly took her spot on the branch and placed her in my lap, supporting her back.

I rubbed her back some more and waited until her breathing slowed. Once it did, I watched the sun finish setting and then looked down at her to see if she was asleep. She had these naturally flush, thick lips that pursed when she slept and this tiny pixie nose that turned up just slightly at the end. I watched as she curled in closer to my chest and adjusted herself to get more comfortable. Seeing that it was late, I decided that it was time for me to get her back home.

I started my descend and when I got close enough to the ground, I swiftly jumped down and landed so I wouldn't wake her. She was small enough for me to hold her in one hand so with my free hand I held her shoes. I walked back into her pack's territory, with permission of course. Opening the front door, I sniffed out her room. Following her scent, I ended up on the third floor, fourth room to the left, two doors from her parents' room.

Laying her shoes on the floor next to her closet, I carefully place her in her bed, pulling the covers on top of her until they reached her hips. She rolled over in her bed and curled up in her blanket, I smiled as I turned to walk out of her room. Closing the door, I made my way to the front door. As I passed the kitchen, the lights flickered on. Standing in my place, completely horrified, I prayed it wasn't her father.

"Chase Murray. Beta of Alpha Flynn Cullen of the Umbra pack." Releasing a small exhale of relief, I turned to face the Luna.

Bowing at her, I greeted her, "Hello, Luna."

"I should've known you were her mate the moment you walked through the door earlier today." She smiled at me. "You ran right to her the moment you got in."

I smiled to myself. "I was hoping I wouldn't make it that obvious," I shook my head and rubbed my forehead.

"Understandable, but it's hard to do that when you've been waiting for your other half for so long." She smiled. "It's okay, honestly I'm happy you've been there for her like you have, Not many people do that." She stated.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but her friends almost ran after her tonight before I did." I stated confused.

"That is true, but that's expected of them, they're best friends. Though I can tell that you would've helped her whether she was your mate or not, it's a part of your character and that is something to be praised." She explained. "We had her in an all werewolf school with her three friends for middle school but when she came home with unexplainable bruises and cuts that were still oozing of blood, we switched her to Golden Valley Middle School so she could finish her last year of junior high and then she would advance to White Mountain High School with the rest of her classmates." Her story frustrated me, I didn't know exactly what I was feeling, I just knew that I wasn't happy.