15. Happy 17th birthday

Start from the beginning

Yells sound from all around as Harry crumples over his broom before sliding sideways off it towards the ground.

"Seriously that had to be one of the best games I've seen in a long time."

I walk back into the common room with the large crowd of Slytherins who are all still laughing at the events of the game.

I walk with the crowd as they all begin to break off into little groups, I turn slowly looking for Pansy or even Crabbe or Goyle but have no luck.

Sighing I walk up to my dorm room sitting down onto my bed and looking into the large mirror across the room.

Merlin I feel so, ridiculously alone.

"Post is here" a third year besides me points to the owls as he speaks with his friend.

I sit alone on the bench sipping at my cup of tea as the odd student here or there gets a letter or package.

I stare down at my empty breakfast plate deep in thought when suddenly a thin square envelope lands on it. Looking up I see a deep black feathered owl flying away without even a backwards glance.

I slowly place my cup of tea down as I pick up the envelope carefully, I read the cursive writing on the front simply addressed:

Angelica Riddle

My stomach twists with nerves as I think back to all the hateful mail I have received from people before. That seems to mostly have stopped and this envelope is different. The writing seems almost familiar in a strange way.

I break the black wax seal on the dark envelope and pull out the almost silk like paper from within.

I unfold the parchment with shaky hands as I begin to read the old fashioned writing.

Dear Angelica,

I thought it only right that I send you a letter early.

Tomorrow is your seventeenth birthday and you will officially become a witch of lone standing.

You will now be able to cast magic fully outside of Hogwarts and even begin to apparate.

I want to remind you of all that is waiting for you when you finish your schooling, all of the powerful ways you can use this magic alongside me.

Spend your time at Hogwarts well and make sure you are making contacts with the Slytherin students, you may rely on their loyalty soon.

Regards,
Lord Voldemort.

I feel a deep feeling choking me from the inside, keeping the letter clutched in my hand I stare down at the words reading them over and over again as my vision begins to pulse.

Anger tears through my body like a tidal wave bursting through the streets of a drowning city. I turn my head looking towards the staff table to see Snape sat there his eyes on the Gryffindor table.

I push myself up my arms and legs stiff from the tension coursing through my body, I step out of the bench and begin to storm up the hall towards the staff table.

Heads seem to turn as though they can sense the anger coming from me, I can feel it seeping out of my skin as my vision grows dark around the edges.

Stepping up onto the platform I walk directly towards Snape his eyes now slightly wide as he watches me.

"What the fuck is this" my words come out in a strangled hiss as I slam the letter down on the table in front of him.

Snape stares at me in shock before looking towards the other teachers besides him "excuse me?" His tone is deadly as he glares right back at me.