You May Not Be Safe But You Are My Home

Me and Draco broke up precisely 2 years ago. We are both with other people now. He's with some annoying bitch named Pansy and I'm with Theo. Things couldn't be better. Or could they be? I know from the way Draco looks at me that he wishes we could go back in time and I know he's aware I feel the same. I still have feelings for him. I think I always will. Recently I miss him more and more. I don't know why. Things are great with Theo. He does everything for me that Draco couldn't but something is still missing.

" Today we will me making the most powerful love potion known. I want everybody to tell their partner what they smell" snape said. I looked at Theo who was silently urging me to go first.

" Come on Taylor. You go first and I'll right down the results." He was hoping that whatever I breathed in would smell like him. I'm hesitant because I already know it won't.

" okay yeah sure. I'll go first." I sighed before inhaling the potion. Im not suprised at all when I smell apples and Draco's cologne.

" okay what do you smell?" He asked a big smile on his face. I steal a quick glance up at Draco but he's already looking at me. He obviously smelled me in his potion as well.

" you didn't smell me did you?" Theo breathed out sadly. I had taken to long to respond and based off the way I was glancing at Malfoy he must have connected the dots.

" no. Im sorry" I shake my head lightly.

" I thought" he paused lowering his voice. " it's been years. I thought you were over him. You told me there was nothing there anymore" he was trying to stay calm rather than get angry.

" I've been confused recently." I admit. " I don't think it's fair to you to lie. I miss him."

" I see. Well I never thought I would get broken up with, with dozens of people around in Snapes presence." He laughed trying play off his hurt feelings.

" Theo your amazing really you are. This has everything to do with me and him and nothing to do with you. You couldn't have done anything to save us."he nodded satisfied with my answer.

" that's fair." Was all he said before recording our results and handing the piece of paper to snape.

******
To say I'm avoiding Draco would be an understatement. I had adamantly refused to return to the slythrin dorms.

It's late. Almost one in the morning.

I wandered up to the astronomy tower and placed my hands on the ledge. I breathed in the air and reminded myself that Draco was not worth this much of my mental energy.

He doesn't want me. This is a sentence I have to repeat to myself on the daily. He broke up with me for a reason. He didn't leave me because he was so desperately in love he left because he didn't feel a bloody thing for me anymore. My soul still aches thinking about it.

I was about to turn around and head back to get some sleep when a figure appeared beside me. Of course it was none other than the very boy I have been avoiding.

" Taylor" he said nodding his head and greeting me.

" Malfoy" I said acknowledging him. He flinched a little at the harshness of my voice and the lack of me using his first name.

" Are you up here trying to avoid me or...?" He said still looking into the night sky not once looking at me.

" That's funny that you think your worth me getting no sleep." I lied. " Theo broke up with me today" I sighed. It was definitely a mutual decision but I didn't need him to know that I had been happy about it. He would then assume I want him back. Which I don't. Actually I do.

" oh I'm sorry. Why did he leave you?" He asked genuinely disappointed for me.

" um" I inhaled a sharp breath. I don't believe in lying more than once in a single conversation. I suppose it's time for the truth. " We split because of you actually"

He raised an eyebrow curiously. His full attention was on me now.

" He didn't feel like I had moved on so he thought it was best he didn't waste his time with me" he nodded somewhat understandably.

"Are you?" His gaze was cold and serious.

" am I what?" I countered.

" are you over me? I assume this has something to do with Amortentia from potions today?" He guessed right.

" I thought I was. Clearly the universe thinks otherwise" I groaned putting my head in my hands.

" Taylor I broke up with Pansy" he said as if this mattered to me at all. As if that meant I was going to just throw myself in his arms like he didn't break my heart.

" okay and? What do you expect me to do." I said leaning away from him now.

" You told me Theo broke up with you I'm telling you I broke up with Pansy." He snapped. The tension was out of this world. His eyes were lingering on my lips and I couldn't look away from him.

" I need to go" I said catching my breath and regaining my focus.

"I didn't break up with you because I didn't love you." He began speaking as I made my way for the door. I didn't even turn my head I just froze.

" I broke up with you for quite the opposite actually. I love you too much. So much so that I knew if I let you get too close to me you would be in danger. I could never do that to you Taylor. Never" my breathing was hitched as tears fell down my cheek.

" you know the life I come from. You know the people my family works for. I don't want to you to have any part of that. It makes my life a nightmare. I could never expose you to that. To them." He continued. "I only started going out with Pansy because I thought if I acted like I didn't like you anymore I just wouldn't. But that's not how love works. No matter what the fuck I do I can't escape you Taylor. I want you to be safe but I'm sick of living in a world where we're not together. And I know you are too so don't lie"

My heart ached for him and longed for him more than words can explain. I want to throw myself at him and let him hug me. I want him ti make me feel special because I know he hated everyone else except me. I slowly turned to face him.

" Dray I can protect myself. I would rather live a harder life together than live an easy one apart." I said taking one step toward him. " please Draco. I miss you every day. I just want ti be with you. Please" I beg pathetically.

He slowly opened his arms and a beaded me in a hug as my tears stained his shirt.

" I'm all yours Taylor. It's okay" he said rubbing circles on my back.
When I had finally caught my breath I leaned up and kissed him for the first time in years. I felt like I was home.