CHAPTER 6- WHY DO I FEEL THAT WAY?

Here Iam with another update.
Show your love, shower comments and votes and follow for more. The more the followers the faster the updates.

Enjoy!

Ignore the errors

________________________

Her earliest memory of her family was of her father hitting her mother.

"Papa, hume school trip pe jaane keliye iss form pe apki sign chaiye" A ten year old Karishma said to her father, unaware that he was drunk.

"Fees kitni hain?" He asked, his breath  stinking of the alcohol and Karishma pinched her nose to stop smelling that awful odour.

"two hundred and fifty" Karishma replied.

"Nahi ja sakti tum, itne pese nahi hain hamare paas." Her drunk father replied, breaking her heart.

"Lekin amma ne paise bhar diye hain papa, aap sirf sign kar dijiye" Karishma tried to change his mind, saying that there was no issue of the money.

The bottle from his hand fell down listening to the amount Neeti had paid.
His drunken self was fuming in anger, he stood up, picked a piece of broken glass of the bottle from floor and marched towards the first floor, where his wife was sleeping in her bedroom.

He barged in and looked at the tired figure of her wife, sleeping. How could she betray him like that? How could she pay the money for his child's school trip when she had rejected to give him money for his alcohol.

"Saali uth!" He screamed and Neeti got up with a jerk, Karishma came running from behind. "Jab humne apne liye paise mange the toh tere paas the nahi aur ab tune iske DO SOU PACHAS RUPAY  school trip ke band diye?" He yelled taking out his belt from the cupboard.

Karishma knew that she was going to get in trouble.

"K—konse pai—paise? Humne to— koi pese— nahi bandhe" Neeti fumbled being scared of his anger

He looked at Karishma, demanding an explanation. "Humne—humme" she fumbled, fear taking over her senses. "Humne chori kiye!" She confessed at once.

Neeti looked at Karishma with disgust and pushed her from her safe harshly, she fell down with her head hitting the hard floor.

The ten year old blinked a few times, taking the pain in. She looked at the floor to find her own blood which had dripped on the floor from her head. She dusted her clothes and stood up with difficulty.

"Pa—papa" she called, "Papa ha—hamare saare friends ja—jaa rahe hain. Hum toh kabhi nahi gaye school trip pe...." Karishma said looking down.

"Toh tum paise chori karogi" Neeti said with rage. Karishma gulped and took a few steps back, so that she could run before her mother could hurt her.

But her mother was not at all needed in this job as her father was enough. She received a stroke from her father's belt on her arm and she yelped in pain. "Ahhh"

Her father dropped the belt and slapped Karishma right on her cheek, imprinting his hand on her small face.

Karishma knew about what was coming for her. She was experienced in taking the abuse since she was five. This was nothing, she had beared worse.

"Papa Iam so—sorry" she said, trying to overcome the pain but it was of no use. Her father punched her in her stomach and cursed her.

Trying to bear the pain, Karishma ran away from the room, but her drunk father was still following her with the belt in his hand.