Chapter 1

"How could you this foolish?!" the man donned in blue grabbed his collar fiercely as his handsome, refined features displayed fury and disappointment, "Yunshen Jue is our sect's elite and sect technique. It mustn't one, be shared with outsiders, and two, learned without permission. But you, you dared to steal the scripture and gift it to Ye Bingran? For that ruthless and heartless cultivator, did you lose your mind?!" As soon as the words fell, Shen Liuxian was thrown back forcefully. He staggered a few steps before he managed to steady his ground but he couldn't recover from his daze.

"What... what happened?"

"You still have the audacity and face to ask that?" the man with ethereal demeanor was filled with fury. He pointed a trembling finger at Shen Liuxiang as he roared, "Did you truly think that Ye Bingran would feel gratitude for you? That he would fall for you? Just because you stole the Yunshen Jue for him? Let me tell you straight, " the Sword Venerable Ye disdains such a behavior the most and personally came to the Sect to return the Yunshen Jue scripture you stole for you. Now, the entire cultivation world knows about you, Immortal Shen, did!"

Shen Liuxian felt his head swirl from those words. He truly couldn't comprehend the situation, but only felt the scene was vaguely familiar.

Before he could respond and demand a more comprehensive explanation, the man donned in blue's expression changed. He passed Shen Liuxiang a fierce glare: "The way I see it, with such grave acts, even if you die, you're bound to lose a layer of skin... Forget it, leave here for now."

He had sensed Ling Yue's aura drawing near. Since that man had taken over enforcing the Sect's commandments and laws, Ling Yue no longer gave face to anyone, regardless of their relationship to him, be it relatives or friends. He lacked bias and delivered punishments without regard for status. For him to be here, it was undoubtedly for Shen Liuxiang.

He had no time to think. He stuffed a round object into Shen Liuxian's robes and casted a spell to send Shen Liuxiang away immediately.

In a quiet canyon, a man in white fell from mid-air and fell into the torpid river with a loud splash!

Water coarse through him relentlessly and Shen Liuxiang choked against the persistent waves. His arms fought to keep himself afloat in the bottomless river. Help, he couldn't swim... Shen Liuxiang felt his body growing heavier and heavier before his consciousness gradually begin to blur.

Suddenly, the sound of breaking through the heavy flow of water sounded not far away.

The shadow of a sword flitted across the surface of the water and scooped up the figure that was sinking into the bottom.

"Cough. Cough!" Shen Liuxiang sprawled by the river's embankment in a miserable state as he choked and coughed up the water he had swallowed. Water droplets beaded his hair and streamed down his long hair and down his cheeks before dripping onto the white gravel.

Not far away, a long black sword stood upright in the middle of a pile of gravel and allowed the remnants of the river water to run down its length. A youth donned in midnight black gown sat cross-legged beside the sword.

He exuded a cold, aloof aura and had his eyes closed.

Shen Liuxiang finally sat up despite still panting. Before he could collect his thoughts, a gentle itch fell on his ears.

It couldn't be the insects from the river?! Shen Liuxiang's heart immediately startled and skilled a beat. He raised his hand as his slender, white fingers brushed against what moved behind his ears and threw it to the ground.

It was nothing more than a petal.

The snow-white petals had been kneaded into an unfathomable demeanor as the broken roots fell alongside it in a desolate manner.