"Oh that's cool, I never knew that before." Jake said as Y/n gave him a look.

"Bro, we watched Professor Oak podcases where we talk about Pokémon evolution every time, how did you forget?"

"Oh, oops?" 

"Anyway, there are still many things that we do not know about Pokémon. Y/n, I want you now to pick a Pokémon that you would like to accompany you on your adventure. Make a choice between these 18 different breeds. Go ahead now." Cypress said as he stepped aside to let Y/n pick. his Pokémon

"I already know what I want." Y/n said as he grabbed a pokéball. "Mudkip, I choose you!" Y/n throws the Pokéball in the air and a Mudkip comes out.

"Mudkip, Excellent choice, Y/n."

"Aw your new Pokémon is so cute." Anja said as she picks up Mudkip and snuggles it.

"That Pokémon has potential in battle!" Ludwick said.

"I hope our Pokémon become best friends like we are!" Jake said.

"I hope so as well. Anyway, I'm head out on my journey." Y/n said returning Mudkip to his ball causing Anja to whine.

"Before you go, take this." Cypress said handing him a red device and 5 red balls. "This is a Pokédex, a device that helps you collect data on Pokémon you catch or your own and these are Pokéballs, they will allow you to catch Pokémon."

"Alright thanks Professor I'll be on my way." Y/n said turning around and started to walk to the door, but Jake stopped him.

"Y/n wait!" Y/n stopped and turned around to look at Jake as he had his starter out. "Since we both have our Pokémon, why don't we battle?" 

"Sure, and don't cry when you lose. Mudkip to battle we go!" Y/n said bring out his Mudkip.

"Mudkip!"

"Eevee!"

"Use tackle!" They both said as their Pokémon collided taking the same amount of damage.

"Mudkip, use growl!" Y/n commanded as Mudip used growl to lower Eevee's defense.

"Eevee use Baby Doll Eye's!" 

"Don't look at it!" Eevee used Baby Doll Eyes, but Mudkip avoided the attack. "Now use water gun!" Mudkip used water gun and blasted Eevee in the face causing to it to fly back. "Use tackle to finish it off!" 

Mudkip was about to use tackles to finish it off but, "I think that's enough." Both trainers turned to see Cypress, Anja and Ludwick looking at them with smiles. "Wonderful battling but let's not make a mess in here."

"Greatjob Y/n. You too Jake. We were watching you both." Ludwick said clapping

"Wonderful battling Y/n now before me and your father go back home. We want you to have this." Anja said handing Y/n neckless. "This is a neckless that we want you to carry on your journey so every time you look at it, you'll know who loves you."

"Thanks mom, dad." Y/n said hugging both is mom and dad. 

"Now, go, and become the strongest. We'll wait for you to finish." Ludwick said.

"Yes sir!" Y/n said as he went out to start his journey.

~~~Y/n~~~

I started to walk to route 1 until I see two people pass me wearing strange matching clothing, I just shrug it off and made my way to route 1 until a man in almost all green stopped me. "Hey, you might be a new trainer. If you even need to heal your Pokémon, come to me."

"Got it thanks." Man, what a nice dude.

I continued my way into route 1 and to sum it up. Three people battled me, two were bug type trainer, the other was just had a Zigzagoon. They all gave me a hard time, but I managed to beat them. I continued my way through route 1 until there was a wild Pidgey which would help me a lot when it's fully evolved.

"Mudkip! Prepare for battle and use water gun!" I said throwing Mudkip out as he uses water gun on the Pidgey landing a direct hit. It retaliated with Air Cutter while in the air, hitting my Mudkip. "Mudkip  water gun again but aim for the wing!" Mudkip used water gun again and hit the Pidgey in the left wing casuing it to hit the ground. 

"Alright let's go Pokéball!" I threw the Pokéball hitting it and it shock three times and then it stopped. "Alright! Mudkip we got ourselves a new partner." I said as we jumped with joy. I decided to leave Mudkip out resting on my shoulder as he enjoyed it more than being in his ball, so as we came to the terminal that divides the towns and cities from the routes, I heard Jake shouting my name.

"Jake! I need you to come with me! Something terrible has happened!"

"What happened?" I asked but then he grabbed my hand, and we started running towards town. 

"No time to explain!" He shouted. 

When we reached town, there were people gathering outside of my house, police taking notes from the bystanders, and Professor Cypress was there too. What made my heart drop was that something big happen to my house. . .wait where's mom and dad?

"Professor! I brought Y/n like you'd ask!"

"Thank you Jake."

"Professor, Jake what the hell is going on? This better not be one of your pranks again because I swear I ought to beat your behind for this."

"This is not prank I assure you, it's just. . . Your parents have been kidnapped."

Your parents have been kidnapped.

Parents.

Kidnapped.

It hurt like a bullet. The words kept echoing in my head I wanted to ask how but I kept choaking on my words. 

"We believe that the suspects are Team Eclipse."

"Team. . . Eclipse." I said as I balled my fist up in anger.

"Yes, Team Eclipse, a terrorist group that believe that humans shouldn't co-exists with Pokémon. We don't know why the kidnap your parents, but we believe that it has to do with that their archeologists. You're not safe here. Head to the next town over, I have a friend there who can help you. She lives in a house with a blue roof in front of Robust Coffee." Cypress said.

"Professor, do they wear a black and orange suit with a crescent moon?" I asked as the image flashed of the two people wear said suit walking by me an hour ago.

"Yes they do, we have a drawing of the people who we suspected." He said handing me the paper with the sketch. 

It was a blond woman and a man with brown hair and the looked exactly like the people who passed me.

"T-Thank you sir. I'll be on my way." I said as Jake pats me on the back.

"I'll stay here to help with the investigation. I'll meet you there." After that, I left.

Mudkip nuzzled my check trying to cheer me up as it notices my sad expression and as soon as I'm far enough away, I let out my anger on a tree in front of me while picturing the two members of Team Eclipse. 

I'll find you mom and dad. I'll find you I'll make sure that this won't happen again to you or anyone else. This is not a threat, it's a promise.