6

Evil Diana?

Oh yes.

Her red eyes turned menacingly to the most obvious target out of the survivors: Superman.

"Aaarghh!!" she yelled and charged at him. Superman was quick even without the superspeed; he neatly dodged her attack, which resulted in her fist cutting through the air.

Evil Diana became Angry Diana.

"Expect death at my hands today, fiend!" she roared and banged her gauntlets together, sending shockwaves throughout the isolated space in the dome. Superman, in turn, tried to counter it with his own voice, which sent rings of energy back at wonder Woman.

Meanwhile, Evil Flash set his sights on Arrow. He grinned as the masked vigilante paled.

"No, no, Barry..." he held out a hand as if talking to a rabid animal.

Evil Flash just chuckled. "Yes, yes, little Robin Hood," he teased, sharp teeth glinting wickedly in his mouth.

And he charged, full speed.

"Barry! This isn't you!" Arrow grunted as he loaded his bow with three arrows full of horse tranquilizer. He knew he had done this before. He knew it had failed. He was just hoping to stall the speedster thundering towards him enough to think of a plan.

As soon as Evil Flash came metres into his reach, he released the tranq arrows. Two of them caught Evil Flash painfully in his thigh and butt ("Sorry, Barr," Oliver muttered), but he stopped the third by catching it and snapping it in his hand. Nevertheless, he had dropped to the ground.

"You..." he glared at Arrow and started vibrating, the tranquilizer diffusing from his bloodstream in gaseous form. Arrow hurriedly loaded the nanite arrows Ray Palmer had gifted him and shot the speedster again.

Evil Flash howled in pain, completely falling. Arrow took this chance to walk closer to him. "You'll be rendered incapable of speed for a few minutes, so listen to me, Barry," he pleaded. "You're my best friend. Always have been. Hell, you're everyone's best friend, Barry! You are Bartholomew Henry Allen, and even though you don't like that name, remember your parents who gave it to you! Please, just wake up and come back to us. Come back to the Justice League."

Something- the traces of a brown iris- flickered in Flash's eyes before they went full red again. His lips spread to show off the same sharp teeth as before. "Nuh-uh, Queen. You... are going to die... at my hand."

Arrow was alarmed. He needed to back off. Before the speedster regained his speed, he shot a line and fled towards the cover of safety behind the debris of a building. He needed to concentrate on long-range attacks.

The Green Lantern-Supergirl team was not faring so well either. Supergirl was fairly new to all this, since she had only fought at the scale of one-supervillain-at-a-time, so it was mostly Green Lantern who was holding down the fort. However, she made up with power for what she lacked in practice. Lantern was most impressed to note that she had a better command over her capabilities than her cousin, and her precision had been carefully built at the DEO.

"Need a hand?" she cheerfully offered after she had fried, crushed and frozen the Yellow Lanterns. They themselves had created an assimilation of weaponry from their rings which, when put together, copied the Super abilities. It was irritatingly novel, despite its crude structure.

"I'm all good here," Green Lantern responded. "Just trying to reach Thaal. He has literally surrounded every inch of himself with his Lanterns. Look," he pointed a finger at what appeared like a swarm of head-to-toe yellow bees, which in fact, were Yellow Lanterns.

"When did he get reinforcements?" Supergirl frowned. Hal gnashed his teeth. "He must have had them in wait this whole time, to make us miscalculate their numbers. Wily son of a-"

Supergirl clapped a hand over his mouth. "I think we talked about this, Mr. Jordan."

She super-punched five Yellow Lanterns with the other hand.

Hal's shoulders sagged. "Oh, come on!" he protested, voice muffled against her palm. His ring had materialised into a grenade launcher and was currently assaulting the enemies by chasing them. Lord only knows where the actual grenades went. "Cussing should be allowed while fighting, at least!"

Supergirl narrowed her eyes at him. "Anyway," she said, turning that very expression towards the pretend hive, "I think I have a visual on Sinestro."

Lantern raised an eyebrow sceptically. Supergirl rolled her eyes. "X-Ray vision," she groaned, wringing her hands. "And before you ask, no, I haven't peeped at anything I shouldn't. Clark did that once though. In high school."

She started flying towards the hive. Green Lantern followed.

"Girls' locker room?" he asked, cringing.

Supergirl laughed. "You bet."

But then he noticed her flying too close. "Kara!" he called out. "Don't attack him headfirst! We need a plan!"

She chuckled again. "I am the plan, Mr Jordan," she said. It was then that he noticed that she had been gaining velocity steadily all this time. With an outstretched fist, she tore through the Yellow Lantern ranks to land an earth-shattering punch on their biggest foe at the time: Thaal Sinestro.

Hal could only manage to cast a protective gauntlet around her outstretched arm before she landed the punch, and instantly got thrown back. Sinestro smirked. "Do not try to cross me with your petty tricks, child," he hissed. Supergirl bounced off the concrete a few times, making thudding noises as she hit the ground each time.

"I'm actually... older than Clark," she coughed. "But whatever helps you sleep at night, man."

Hal shook his head, smiling to himself. However, he was growing uncomfortably aware of their reducing ranks.

They needed backup. Sorely.

Suddenly, Kara was laughing, pointing above. "Look!"

He did so. And grinned too.

The Gotham Knight was here.

"Why do I always have to clean up after all of you," Bruce Wayne's voice overtook the comms.