The start of his life.

He held in his hand the letter and sighed in relief. The paper he held brought within his future. It was an acceptance letter. He jumped through his house with joy like a child on Christmas morning knowing his position in the United sovereign exploration division. The letter told him to appear in one week at the division magistrate to be programmed and scheduled. Then he would spend two years at the magistrate to be trained before given a scroll at graduation with his first assignment.

The weeks that followed was one of mixed emotions. The boys 16-year-old mind was focused on thrill of being accepted. His parents, however have always had a grudge against the exploration division. That was where their first son met his untimely demise.

"There's no chance in hell," his father said, "not a chance, that you're going on that suicide mission into God knows where-"

"David! "The mother interjected. "Calm yourself. "

"Like hell I will, Sylvia!" he snapped back. He's pale face turned red and his short black hair was steaming in anger. The innocence return to his brown eyes slowly as he calmed and again tried to speak reason.

"Shiro, "he said, more calmly "see reason. You have a safe career here-"

"-I don't want a safe job, dad." Shiro interrupted. "This is my path. This is what I'm meant to do. "

Shiro looked solemn. There was no way to talk him out, and his father could see it.

Daniel began to tear up.

"You remind us so much of your brother, Shiro." He said, choking on freefalling tears that dove on to the granite tabletop.
Sylvia began to cry as well. Slowly, but surely, her streams of tears began to get more frequent as she reached for a tissue.

"Sam said the same thing you did. "She managed to get in between waves of wailing.

Shiro stood up. He walked briskly to the door and put on his flight coat and harness, which had various carbines used for latching on to a Pendragon. The brown leather straps were worn but still usable. He latched the neck guard on his jacket and put his hand to the silver steel door knob.

"Where do you think you're going? "David said sharply, sniffling slightly on accident.

"I'm leaving. "Shiro said. "All I'm causing is trouble, so I'll be back after graduation. "

David and Sylvia both froze in shock. They looked at each other with eyes that widened is if they'd seen a ghost. To David, it was clear that he did, because just for a moment, he saw a brief glimpse of Samuel, like a diamond, that gleamed for a brief moment before falling back into the rough.

Sylvia tried to speak, but only incomprehensible syllables managed to escape her mouth.

"Goodbye. "Shiro said before opening the door and falling into the endless sky.