Recovering

Subaru wakes up, it's unknown how long but he does notice the noise around where he is at.

Subaru opens his eyes, moving his fingers around before sitting up.

"Oh. Hey."

Subaru saw a sleeping Beatrice and Emilia on his bed, hugging him.

It seems that they couldn't sleep or were to stressed. I don't know exactly how they are feeling but I also do.

Realizing your Lover, Knight, Contractor, whatever you could call him, was being tortured and you not knowing.

Subaru carries his hands over to both their heads and rubs them.

"Seems like you care for them."

"Yeah." Subaru says as he turns to see Ram sitting.

"How's Rem?"

"Emotionally messed up, just like these two."

"I would also say I'm a bit messed up due to your Torture. Which, I am truly sorry for."

"It's fine Ram, it's over and done with. Gluttony ate my name and memories and I still remembered all of you. But Atlas, I was still brutally tortured. I'm broken, but I'm okay with it. I can't be myself if I can over come it. That's what I done before for so many other things."

Ram stays quiet.

"Sorry, making the air more tense right? Well.. its whatever I guess."

Ram still doesn't speak, she seems gulity.

"Well then, Ill probably rest for a few more hours. I'm tired after all."

"Alright Barusu, Ill be going. Take care." Ram gets up before making her way out. 

Subaru look back down to the Sleeping Beako and Emilia. He pats their heads before going right back to sleep. There's not much for him to do...

---

Subaru woke up, his eyes lay stranded on the celling. 

Hell.

That's what been going though his mind. Finally being remembered by everyone, but he also hates them. But why tell them that? 

He wants to be happy, and wants them to be happy. So.. Ill be happy, even if i have to fake it.

he can feel the weight of the two girls on himself, which he didn't have to even move for.

he tried to move over, but... the grip on them is quite tight. They really don't wanna let him go.

But, even so, he struggled for a bit before finally sliding himself out. onto the floor.

There was eyebags on his eyes, even sleep wouldn't help those for a few days or weeks.

Subaru used a blank to cover the two girls before sliding on slippers.

"What did I miss?" he wonders, looking down his hand. moving each finger up and down. 

He remembers doing the same thing, but this time. having all his fingers broken, nails ripped apart, and skin burned. 

He wipes off the feeling as he walks over to the door. each step having creeks into the wood before finally reaching it.

He takes his hand and turns the nob. Opening the door, he quietly enters into the hallway and exits the door.

The dim sunlight of the sky. Everything was a small tint of grey. Like if there was a massive fire going off and ash was in the air.

He starts to walk down the hall, maybe to get something to eat? He doesn't know right now. He thinks that he should clear his mind.

Go speak to Rem, go talk to Frederica, maybe even the two boys he used to know. Garf and Otto. But, he all knows that they would probably cry on the spot. So, for now. Maybe lets go talk to a certain clown who he thinks will be less on about crying and more about the future.

Each step of the creek of the wood, he is using his hand to support himself as he would probably collapse without it.

"S-Subaru?"

A small voice is heard infront of him, which he didn't even realize. 

With a noticeable bowtie of its head. He would remember.

Petra, the child maid.

"O-Oh... sorry." Subaru straighten his posture but failed. So he's a bit more bent. "Hey Petra."

Petra was the most emotional out of the bunch. But... she didn't cry or anything. She was just a bit sad. 

"Are you doing okay Subaru? After... everything.."

"Ha... Definitely not. But I rather not mop about it and move on." Subaru said as he clears his throat. He matured alot though the pain but at the cost of alot of emotion. He can still feel but not much as a normal person.

"Do... you need anything? I'm always here to help you."

"I don't know where Ros-chi's office is. Think you can take me there?"

"I can do that!" Petra's frown turns upside down and has a more sparking look in her eyes.

"Thanks Petra." Subaru took her small and fragile hands as they walked a bit slow to the office. All while Subaru had to stay close to the walls to keep balance.

"What happened to the sky? it seems like there is ash in it." Subaru questioned.

"Because there is, There is a big forest fire not far from here. It's beening worked on though so this bad air should go away." Petra exclaims.

"How long has it been since i was brought here?" Subaru asked enough question.

"Uhh... a few days probably...? Everything was so quick as the door busted open. They carried you to a medical room and went to work on you there. What happened?"

Subaru, not wanting to hurt the fragile, innocent, and pure soul that Petra has, decides to avoid the question.

"Nothing really, just had a rough time at where i was." Subaru lied, for her sake.

---

The rest of the trip was quiet. But they finally reached the door.

"Thanks alot Petra."

"No problem Subaru!" Petra waved and went off to do her chores.

Subaru turned back to the big front doors and knocked on them.

"Roswaal? It's Subar-" The door flung open. Pretty much expecting me to come to him.

"Subaru-kun!!! what a surprise it is to see you here!!" Subaru smiled as Roswaal never held down the act. 

"With nothing else to do, I wanted to come and chat to my Boss. Or rather, friend."

Subaru stared at Roswaal, before Roswaal gave a motion to sit down.

"So, whats there to start? Anything you wanna tell me what's beening happening while I was rotting in hell for a year or so?"

"Well... There's been alot, probably too much to go on about. Definitely not because I'm lazzzy no no no no! But.. rather... There's probably too much that needs to be known as of right now. It's better for you to learn on a later date..."

"Sorry for alot of things I guess." Subaru rubbed the back of his head before getting a unexpected answer from the lord.

"For what? If anything Subaru, we should be alot more sorry." Roswaal had no clown accent or repeating words. He was serious in his wording, but he had the same smug smile.

"Right... so... what now?"

"Not alot, theres honestly not much do to." Roswaal stared outside the window behind his office. 

"Yeah... Well then, I guess lets talk about life." 

"Yes, we should. There's much to talk about when talking about life my frieeeeend!"

they then talked about how guys make the best girls (void this)

they then talked about both their lifes. How the hell Subaru had to deal with. And even What Subaru did before.

3 hours later

Subaru is sitting down in some type of living room with Petra. She's been rambling on and on about all the things that have happened while Subaru was gone.

It seems to be the staff... or... anyone... has told her that i was Pride. 

That's good. If she knew her big bro and hero was tortured for a year in the most brutal ways possible... well.. you know.

And which, as she rambled on and on. I slowly fell back to sleep. 

---

yes, thats the end. IM SORRY. i had to get a chapter out. and well, here we are. It's only 1300 words, but this wont count towards the two other chapters with 2k words on the other fics i have.

so... yeah. thats all. bye