3:17 A.M.
——

kaizen jumped up, feeling someone tapping him on his shoulder repeatedly. glancing over, he was met with a worried look on zyaire's face.

kaizen sighed, he got up and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. he locked it before turning around and looking at himself in the mirror.

his eyes were red and low, still sleepy after the few hours of sleep he got. kaizen felt himself start to get hot so he removed his sweater, revealing all of his scars.

some from his mother, others from fights, some even coming from himself. he ran his hand over his scars, stopping at the most recent one that zyaire stitched up.

"he never loved you, ion know why you be wanting to visit his ugly ass grave."

he still remembered the day his mother told him that. it was the first time she said that to him. his heart ached every time he thought about it. how could his mom ever say something like that about the love of her life?

this is another reason why he didn't enjoy sleeping sometimes. it was like he could never shake the dreams, the memories and all of the pain he had gone through. kaizen sighed, watching himself in the mirror as he teared up.

"she was right."

"he never loved you."

"he hated you."

"h-he loved me, he cared about me. i know he did." kaizen mumbled to himself, wiping the tears that fell down his face.

"no he didn't."

"if he did he wouldn't have left you."

"he didn't LOVE you."

kaizen then opened his cabinet, grabbing the pill bottle out of there. he opened the bottle and poured two of the pills in his hand, throwing them back into his mouth. he leaned his back up against the bathroom door and stood there for a moment as he tried to calm down. he took deep breaths and tried to think of something positive like mrs alinda had taught him. once he was calm, he took one more deep breath before leaving out of the bathroom to see zyaire sitting with his back against the headboard.

"you ok, phat?" zyaire asked as he watched kaizen walk over to the bed. kaizen nodded silently, laying down onside of him, staring out the window. zyaire grabbed kaizen, pulling him closer.

"don't you got a girlfriend?" kaizen asked, glancing up at zyaire as he straddled his lap.

"mmcht, stop fuckin' playin' wimme, akai." zyaire mugged kaizen as he pulled him closer to his chest.

"make me, dada." kaizen smiled, him and zyaire holding eye contact. kaizen leaned up, getting closer to his face, watching as

"nasty ass." zyaire chuckled, laying his head on kaizen's shoulder.

"oh, damn. i forgot you had a horse- i mean, a girlfriend." kaizen sighed, removing himself off zyaire's lap. "i would hate to have to tell her that her boyfriend CHEATIN' on her with a BOA'." kaizen said, making sure he put emphasis on certain words.

"mmcht." zyaire mugged kaizen. "what i gotta do to make this right?" zyaire asked him.

"stop playin' with my fuckin' feelings, zy. don't be coming to me on some couple shit just to go back and fuck on somebody else. you know how i feel about you, i made that clear when we first met." kaizen explained, grabbing his favorite pillow and laying his head down on it. "it make me feel embarrassed, stupid for even having feelings for you." he mumbled, looking away from zyaire's gaze.