You Can't Save Them All (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

Flashback

In the cemetery, the Necromancer and Kai are sizing each other up.  The heretic is already not trusting this person and the Necromancer wants to manipulate the heretic. "What do you want," Kai asks. "I need dark magic, the Mora Misirium," the Necromancer says. Kai shakes his head, "That won't work," Kai says. "The dark magic is trapped, even if Josette has broken the sand clock, the dark magic will stay," Kai says. "Then if you won't work with me, then those two will have to die," the Necromancer threatens. Kai uses his vampire speed to pin the Necromancer against the wall, "What do I have to do," Kai asks. "I want the Phoenix, Landon out of the way," the Necromancer says. "There is only one thing that can kill the phoenix, a golden arrow and I happen to have one," the Necromancer explains. "There is a set of boulders by the falls, I will get him there, all you have to do is make the shot," Kai says. 

"You are protecting your nieces," Caroline whispers. Kai nods, "But he can't be compelled, so you will have to find a different way to get him to the falls," Elena says. "You are right, Landon cannot be compelled, but other people can be," Kai says. 

Before the girls get to the bottom of the staircase, Hope makes sure to call in back up. "Finn," she whispers. "What is happening now," Finn asks. "We need your help," Faith says. "Alyssa looked through one of the devil's grimoires and found a spell that can help us bring back to the twins," Hope explains. "And you want to know if I trust the spell," Finn says. "You were there when she did spells," Faith says. "It would be better to ask Kol," Finn says. The girls give him a look, "You can't, because then you would have to tell him everything," Finn mutters. Hope and Faith exchange a look, "Fine," he says. The girls walk down the remaining stairs with their Uncle Finn trailing behind begrudgingly. "Alright, show us the spell," Faith demands. Alyssa spins the grimoire around to show the two Mikaelsons the spell she picked out. Finn peers at it along with his nieces. "It looks well and good, but I still think we should get someone else's opinion," Finn whispers to his nieces. "Well then, where is Grace," Faith asks. Finn pauses for a moment, "She's working on other leads," Finn says. "Bring back what was taken from us, bring them back to where we truly want them," Hope says.  Faith stiffens for a moment and Finn gives her a look, "What is it," he asks. "Fear, concern with a slight hint of nostalgia," Faith lists. "Kai," the two other Mikaelsons say in unison. 

"You are willing to admit that I know more than you," Kol asks. "Is the world ending," he adds with a smirk. Finn rolls his eyes, "Whose emotions are those," Rebekah asks. Faith turns and points at Kai, "His," she says.  

In the Alps, Enzo St. John is watching over the house that Bonnie Bennett was living in at the time. All of the sudden blood drips from above his ashes, he watches as it saturates the ashes. "The little Mikaelson," he mutters.

"How is bringing him back, working on other leads," Elena asks. "Well, bringing Enzo back is not working on them directly," Grace says. "It's more like preparing for what is about to come," Grace continues.

Faith walks into the kitchen to see Kai still in shock over what the Necromancer threatened. "What happened," the pink haired Mikaelson asks. "Nothing," Kai says. "Don't lie," Faith says. Kai glares at the girl, Faith looks at the heretic and narrows her eyes at the man. "What are you feeling at this moment," Faith asks. "You tell me, you are the expert," Kai retorts. Faith gives him a look, "You're an empath witch, I can tell," Kai says. "Somebody threatened the twins," Faith deduces. Kai's head snaps up to the pink haired Mikaelson, "Yes," he says. "That would explain the fear and the concern," Faith says. "What I am not understanding is the nostalgia," Faith says. After a moment of the Mikaelson girl and the male heretic looking at each other, Faith catches the crystal hanging loosely in his hand. "Who did you see," Faith asks, nodding towards the crystal. "Jo," Kai whispers. Faith nods, "Well, there is the nostalgia," the girl whispers.

"How can you tell," Marcel asks. "Well, I was not looking for it when I met her, but I picked up on it," Kai says. "On what," Bonnie asks. "She flinches a tiny bit when she feels a very powerful emotion," Kai begins to explain. "But when she feels several powerful emotions at the same time, she stiffens slightly so that she can make sense of what is going on," Kai says. "And then there is when she rolls her eyes, but nothing happened around her," Kai says. "That means someone she is close to is feeling an emotion and she is annoyed by it," Kai says. "My guess is that she gets annoyed with Grace's emotions the most," Kai finishes. 

Landon follows Dorian to a quiet sitting room, "This shouldn't take long. Right?" he asks, wanting to be with Hope so that he could prove himself to her. "I can't believe I've lived in Mystic Falls this long, and I've never actually seen the falls, you know?" Landon says. Dorian turns to look at Landon, "Mr. Williams? You okay?" Landon asks. Dorian decks Landon making the phoenix fall unconscious.

"You compelled Dorian," Caroline concludes. Kai nods, "And the beauty of compulsion, is that you can create loopholes if you want," Kai says.