What Will Be, Will Be

Start from the beginning

"Wow, is it?" Rei asked.

"I wish I could go." [Y/n] said.

"Eh?" Kazuki looked at them, confused.

"I wanna go!" Miri cheered, "Sea bream and flounder in a tuna salad!"

"Wow, there are actually a bunch nearby." Kazuki said while [Y/n] peeked over at his laptop.

"Really?" [Y/n] questioned, "Daycares and preschools, even a few schools."

"Daycare? Preschool?" Rei questioned.

"It's the same thing with a different name." Kazuki said.

"Like maguro and hamachi?"

"Maguro's tuna. Buri and hamachi are both amberjack." Kazuki and scrolled through a website, "A place like this would help me out a ton! Guess I'll call in!"

He called one after another then some more. All the nearby schools were filled and didn't accept new students. "Go to the government office?! Why?!" Kazuki angrily hung up the phone. "I don't get it! Why do I gotta go to the government office to enroll her in daycare?!" He ranted.

"And what's that all about?" Rei questioned, looking at Miri. She had her jacket and backpack on and we ready to leave for daycare with an excited grin on her face. "Daycare time!"

~~

The assassins got dressed and went to the government office to find out how to enroll Miri into daycare.

"Wow, daycare is big!" Miri said.

"It's the government office." Rei corrected.

"What a pain in the ass." Kazuki groaned as he walked inside while the others followed behind.

"Excuse me." Kazuki said to the clerk once they made it to the front of the line, "I'd like to inquire about daycare..."

"Daycare inquiries are handles at the Childcare Department on the fourth floor."

"R-Right."

They took the elevator to the fourth floor to see quite a bit of people were there. "Hello, there! Please take a number and wait until you're called."

Kazuki pulled a reception number. It was 142. He gave a deadpanned looked and looked up at the screen. The numbers that were called were 103 and 116, so they were going to be here a while.

Miri continued to look around excitedly, finding different ways to entertain herself. She ran around, climbed on Rei, jumped on and off [Y/n]'s lap. [Y/n] leaned her head on Rei's shoulder, feeling bored and tired. Before long, [Y/n], Miri and Rei fell asleep together.

Finally, their number was called. [Y/n] sat Miri in her lap as the agent explained what they needed to do. "In order to enroll in daycare, you must undergo a government process that start with submitting the appropriate paperwork." He said, "But there are numerous openings for four-year-olds, so once you submit the paperwork and pass a screening, she should be able to start right away. The necessary documents are inside this envelope. We'll also need proof of parental employment, preferably station with the company stamp. If you're self-employed, you'll need to provide some additional items--"

Kazuki had a blank stare.

Once the partners got home, [Y/n] was kind enough to help Kazuki review the documents they need to submit.

Kazuki screamed in frustration, "This paperwork is killing me! A freakin' hitman can't prove gainful employment and household income!"

"Can't we just bribe someone?" Rei questioned.