You're Safe (K. Carerra)

Y/N shot up choking on air as it rushed back into her lungs. A hand gently cupped her cheek, causing her to violently flinch and whip her head towards the source of comfort.

Kiara Carerra sat looking at her with worry in her eyes. "Hey." Y/N's vision focused on the girl as her heart stopped. "Kie?" The girl smiled at Y/N.

"Yeah." Relief spread over Y/N's body as Kiara ran her fingers through her bed head. "Oh my god." Y/N quickly leaned forward into Kie's arms. "Hi, baby. Hi. You're home. You're safe. I'm here." Y/N buried her head in the girl's shoulder, inhaling her coconut and vanilla scent.

"I thought I'd never see you again." Kiara's shoulders slumped. "I know, baby. I know. I'm so sorry we left." She pulled back to cup Y/N's face.

Y/N rubbed her eyes as Kiara gently scratched the back of her neck, soothing the girl. "We just got back. John B and Sarah are asleep inside. I didn't even know you'd be here."

Y/N sighed and kissed Kie's palm. "We couldn't hear anything on the phone." Y/N froze. "Wait. You couldn't hear anything?" Kiara shook her head. "No. Just that we should come back to OBX but that's it." Y/N looked at her girlfriend with wide eyes. "So you don't know?"

Kiara looked confused. "Know what?" Y/N took a deep breath. "He's alive. Our dad is alive." Kiara looked at her girlfriend with a shocked face.

"What?" Y/N smiled. "He's alive! And he's here somewhere. I don't know where I fell asleep before him but he's here!" Kiara smiled at her girlfriend's excitement, noticing the exhaustion in her eyes.

"We can find him later. You're exhausted, I'm exhausted and I've wanted to be in your arms since you left the boat to go to that fucking Bell tower." Y/N smiled and pulled the girl in her arms, holding her tightly. Kiara looked up at the girl, leaning up to press her lips to Y/N's. Y/N melted at the feeling of Kie's lips as the two kissed passionately. An "I missed the fuck out of you" kiss of you will.

The two pulled away for air, panting gently. "Don't ever leave me again Y/N Routledge. You hear me?" Y/N smiled and pecked Kie's lips.

"Loud and clear ma'am." Kiara giggled and kissed Y/N's chin, tucking herself into Y/N's chest, finally falling asleep."