2; Sturmhond; act l

Sailor flips the steel knife in her hands whilst she looks over certain maps

      Sailor flips the steel knife in her hands whilst she looks over certain maps. Cursing she stands up from her desk. They'd have to be quick if they want to  reach their destination, Sturmhond has given her a lead for a buyer for the metal she stole off a sunken ship near Kerch. 

     Sturmhond was frustrating, she always liked to avoid coming into the same port as him if she could, knowing he arose a very confusing sort of conflict in her brain. But they had a sort of partnership, even a pen pal of sorts. They wrote letters of buyers and merchants who would pay well, sometimes just coordinates. It's as if if the world was their playground, and they had free reign of the sea's to do so. 

      The first day she met him she had stolen a box of guns headed for Ravka when the next thing she knew she was fighting off Sturmhond and his crew. She didn't notice him at first, the teal coat and sword trying to get the upper hand. When Sailor went to place her knife against his chest and felt a metal she recognized on his chest and his sword not only jumped, but shrunk away from the armor she was wearing they both were taken aback. When she finally looked him in the eye she gave him a cut to the thigh instead of the throat, calling her crew off as long as his did the same. 

     The next week a letter with the closest tavern arrived on her desk, she didn't go, but she left her own letter instead. They've met in person since, very briefly, Sailor liked to keep it short. Sometimes Sturmhond would chase her in circles, insisting she give him his latest steal, but very rarely does she comply. 

"Sailor." A knock on the door causes her to break out of her brain and toward the door. Nikita, stands in the doorway casually. 

      Sailor nods. "We're docking soon?" 

"Yulia is barking orders, despite Varia being perfectly capable." Nikita was always curt, direct. Sailor found most heartrenders had a hard time being anything but passionate. 

     Yulia was from the Wandering Isle and knew how to use her lungs for all that they're worth. "As Yulia does, I'll be there in a moment thank you Nikita." 

     Nikita exits Sailor's captains quarters. Sailor created an armor for her and her crew, it was subtle, she didn't flaunt being a fabrikator, not on these seas, but she wanted something for them to protect themselves with. It was like a magnet, when other metals got too close it would get pushed away. 

      Placing it on her body, Sailor rises to the deck, where Yulia shouts to the tidemaker in training. "Remember we don't want to be seen or heard, Yulia." Sailor sneaks behind her, no need to be loud about it. 

      Yulia jumps, blushing at being caught. "Right, you heard her Varia, seen nor heard." 

      Sailor gives Varia a wink before finding Nikita at the wheel. Nikita didn't love docking, but Sailor thrived on it. Something about the controlling of chaos, one wrong move and it could all be swept away. They wanted to dock into Ketterdam casually, without causing a stink. Which means, with the help of tidemakers and sqaullers Sailor is able to raise a fog to cover them whilst they dock behind a ship, making it seem as though it's always been there. It wasn't fool proof, but Ketterdam didn't care as long you fly a neutral flag.