𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 5

Começar do início

"Are you alright? It's ok if you don't want to say anything. I'm sure you're probably still processing it all. I just wanted to let you know I'm here for you." He said in a gentle tone.

Your lips trembled as you tried to speak up, but it felt like there was a lump in your throat. You swallowed hard and tried to find your words. "I-It's all my fault." Your voice came out in a faint whisper, which was barely audible.

"No, don't say that it isn't your fault." Nagito said firmly.

"Yes, it is! If I had just listened to myself sooner, I could've done something." You protested. Tears well up in your eyes once more.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Whenever something bad happens, I can just sense it before it even happens. My eyes water, goosebumps appear on my skin, and I get these chills that run down my back. It's been happening ever since..." You quickly cut yourself off before you could say anymore.

There was a bit of silence before he spoke up. "Look Y/N, even if you could predict when these things would happen, you had no way of actually knowing what would happen. You shouldn't beat yourself up over something you can't change." He reached over and grabbed your hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

He was caught quickly off guard when you pulled him into a tight hug and began sobbing into his chest. He softly chuckled as he wrapped his arms around you and rubbed circles into your back. You couldn't express how relieved you were at feeling his presence there with you. You didn't realize how much you needed it until you felt the warmth radiating from him. At that moment, you felt safe and cared for. He was like a ray of sunshine that shone through your darkness.

After a while of staying in that position, you had finally calmed down. You brought your head from his chest and looked into his eyes. "I wanna help with the investigation." You gently mumbled.

"Are...Are you sure?" He asked, clearly surprised.

You nodded your head. "Yes, I want to find out who killed Byakuya and bring him to justice." He warmly smiled at you and simply said, "Ok."

• • • •

The two of you returned to the dining room together, where the entire class was gathered. Hajime notices you and sends you a soft smile, which you return.

"Hey, are you feeling any better?" He asks as he walks closer to you.

"Yeah I am, thanks. I was hoping to come join the investigation." You told him.

"Uh, are you sure? You don't have to if you don't-" You cut him off mid-sentence, "Yes, I'm sure. Besides, it's not like I have a choice either way." You said while smiling weakly.

He nodded his head understandingly before handing you a small tablet. "What's this?" Nagito asked.

"It's called a Monokuma file. Monokuma gave it to us to help with the investigation. He said it's supposed to give us information about the murder." Hajime explained to us.

"Oh wow, that's neat." You say as you swipe through it. It surprised you to see it contained such detailed information about the murder; The time of death, where he was found, and even his exact height and weight. From what you've read, Byakuya died around 11:30 pm from being stabbed repeatedly 10 times in his throat and abdominal region.

"10 times wow this killer really wanted him dead..." You mumbled as you looked at the gruesome image displayed on the monitor.

"We should investigate his body first." Hajime suggests.

"You two go ahead. I'll investigate something else to help save time." Nagito said as he waved you both off.

You and Hajime strolled over to the table and began your investigation. At first, you noticed there was a lamp on top of it, but you brushed it off since it would've been useless since the power was off. But as your gaze fell towards underneath the table, you hesitated for a moment.