Chapter 2

"Sky, have you noticed anything odd about Phayu and Pai?" Rain says as they enter their dorm after dinner. Phayu and Pai had sat with them while they ate, then walked them to their dorm room.

"Rain, I'm not in the mood for one of your crazy theories tonight, it's been a long day." Sky says.

"But they never eat. I have never once seen them take a bite of food, it's weird don't you think? What if they are really super concentrated ghosts?" Rain says excitedly, "That would be so cool."

"Rain, seriously. I am almost certain that they are not ghosts." Sky tells him. "Now have you finished all your homework?"

Rain freezes as an unwanted arm goes around his shoulders. "Damp cloud, how's it going? Ready to run home to mommy and daddy yet?" Stop says with a smug look.

"I heard he is going to fail anyway. So dumb." Gun says gleefully.

"Stop it," Sky says. Rain knows Sky hates confrontations, Rain loves him for coming to his defense despite this.

"Sky, Sky, Sky," Gun say in his most sickly sweet voice that always makes Rain want to puke, "You should dump this loser and hang out with us, we would have so much fun together." Gun reaches out as if to touch Sky's hair causing Sky to flinch back. Gun smirks at this.

Rain gasps because suddenly there is someone between him and Stop pushing the prefect away from him. He knows immediately that it is Phayu. At the same time Rain sees Phayu's brother, Pai move Sky behind him in one deft motion.

"Leave them alone," Phayu says with a disdainful look at Stop.

"What business is it of yours?" Stop asked getting into Phayu's face, a move that usually intimidated others but Phayu just stared at him unmoving.

"It's my business because Rain is my," Phayu pauses, "friend. Also I don't like bullies, it's pathetic."

"How dare you, do you know who my father is?" Stop says, grabbing onto Phayu's shirt.

"What's going on here?" says a voice behind them. Rain groans it was the Principal, Mr. Damaskus. The principal was the main reason that Stop and Gun got away with as much as they did. Their father had the man in the back of his pocket, or maybe pocketbook would be a better word.

Pai steps in front of the group and puts on his most charming look. "We witnessed these two bullying Rain and Sky," he says.

"Nonsense," says the principal. "Gun and Stop are prefects and this boy here is a known troublemaker who drags his friend along for the ride. I am sure you misunderstood." Phayu raises an eyebrow at this but doesn't say anything. The principal looks a little uncomfortable under his scrutiny. "Now run along, you should all be in class."

Phayu frowns after the principal then looks meaningfully at Pai who nods once, almost unperceivably.

"Rain, Sky are you okay?" Phayu asks looking Rain over to see if Stop had hurt him in any way.

"I'm fine," Rain grins. "You were so cool though, no one ever stands up to Stop and Gun like that."

"Because of their father?" Pai asks.

Rain nods, "Apparently he is some sort of big fish."

"Rain," Phayu grins at him, "one thing about big fish is there is always a bigger fish out there."

"Like a whale?" Rain asks with wide eyes.

"Rain, whales are mammals, not fish," Sky points out.

"Oh well, Phayu knows what I mean." Rain pouts a little.