Genesis Route (1): The Climb

Genesis (n): the origin or mode of formation of something.

Not to be confused with the Genocide Route from "Undertale".

"My papi... wasn't the doting type. He... well, he was more sociopathic above everything else. One day, in the middle of a thunderstorm, he just... abandoned me to fend for myself. I was so scared... scared of the thunder, the lightning, and the crushing sense of loneliness. I guess you can say that's where all of my... cowardice came from."

Tucker was still laying there with a smile on his face. I guess he really does have all day.

"I'm not sure how long after, but I managed to find the Encanto. And... I was greeted and adopted with open arms. They were delighted to have a family pet. Though with a family of twelve, I thought there'd be at least two more. Anyway, I was generally enjoying my life there. But... you see, before any of us were born, my Abuela went through a really tough time. She, uh... didn't know how to deal with it. Started putting pressure on her three children; my aunts and uncle."

Would you believe me if I told you that Tucker is STILL here? Showing no signs of being bored. He looked invested, actually.

"Do you know what generational trauma is?" I asked him. He nodded vigorously. Alright, then, good. I don't want him to think Abuela's the bad guy here. She's anything but. "Well, two of her three kids are married and had three kids each. Now, the magic of the Encanto, see, when a child turns five years old, our house, Casita, blesses them with some kind of gift to help the village. My aunts and uncle were the first ones to receive a gift. One of my aunts can heal people with her cooking, the other can control the weather based on her mood, and my uncle... can see into the future. My cousins, my aunt's children, five of the six got a gift."

Tucker sat up to count on his fingers. "What about the sixth one? Did he get a cool power? Or she?"

I shook my head. "I was about to get to that. No, unfortunately, she didn't. Even though she was the fifth... Are you sure you want me to keep going? This is a really long story."

"Absolutely. Tell your old pal Tucker your troubles. All of them." He answered. Whelp, he asked for it. This story... is going to take forever.

But I'll spare you, so I don't bore some of you any further.

I told Tucker everything; Abuela's troubled past, the generational trauma that everyone had to endure, and the events of yesterday and the day before. It's safe to assume that the story took about an hour. And Tucker. Is. Still. Here.

"Sure, it was an eventful day... But it only took me one day to realize that what Abuela said about me was low-key true. It was my fault that the miracle died. My fault that I'm too much of a coward. My fault that my uncle had to live in the walls. My fault that I wasn't fast enough to try and save the miracle when it was already close to dying... My fault that Mirabel ran away. And I can't find her anywhere... I spent the majority of the night trying to find her. I didn't want to rest until I found her. But my limbs thought otherwise. They just... gave out while I was walking, and the next thing I knew, I was asleep. But I didn't want to sleep! I wanted to find my cousin!"

"That's really sweet of you... but that doesn't make sleep deprivation an okay thing to do." Tucker said. I nodded, "I know. But I was putting my cousin's needs before my own, because... she needed more help than I did. She's out here in the woods somewhere, probably loathing herself for what happened. I can only pray that the rest of the family is looking for her as well.

"They're her family. I'd hope so, too."

"Well, anyway, I got myself lost, having not a clue what time it was... and then you sat on me."

Once Upon A Time In Colombia: RemasteredOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara