"Have you looked in the mirror recently?" JJ pointed to the purple bruise on John Bs cheek. "They always win, don't they, man? Kooks vs pogues they always always win. Godamn!" He punched one of the hanging buoys out of exasperation.

"Look, it's okay!" Kie tried to calm the tension. 

"No, it's not okay!" JJ shouted, spinning on his haunches to face her. "It is not! They don't want us to go for to the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there. And you know it, I know you do."  He finished. 

Sophia looked up to him. The others shared a look before JJ started talking again, he stepped up to Pope and looked down at him, "and I understand why you don't wanna go, your the golden boy, you got way too much to risk." He turned to face Kiara, "I mean, you're rich as fuck anyway why would you bother?" He turned to look at Sophia, "and Soph- I mean your gunna fuckin' make animals or something" 

She raised her eyebrows in confusing thinking, make animals?..okay... JJ turned around to face John B, "but you and me, man, we got nothing to lose! We really don't alright! And I know it didn't used to be this way for you but-"

"I don't want to talk about this," John B muttered, cutting JJ off and shaking his head. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"So that's it?" JJ ignored John B's protests. "John B listen to me, I have a plan. You have the key to the Cameron's boat right?" JJ continued, coming up behind JJ. "There's scuba gear. We borrow that, then go down to the wreck this afternoon, and that's what's gunna save you man. You don't see rich kids going into foster care do you?" He finished. JJ's plans weren't historic for going well. Normally ending in disaster even. But they always gave a plan the go. 

There was a moment as John B's head swirled with thoughts. After a couple of silent moments he sighed, admitting defeat. He knew they were gunna go for JJ's plan there's no point in fighting it.

THE CREW SAT WITH TWO emptyish water tanks for diving. John B had previously stolen them from the Camerons boat. "this is empty, you took empty tanks?" Kiara let out, along with a groan of annoyance, looking at John B with narrowed eyes. 

"You didn't check them before you stole them?" Sophia snickered. 

John b looked between them like a deer in headlights, "I..."

"Okay," Kie spoke looking at the other tank, "this ones a quarter full. That's enough for one of us" 

"Love it when a plan comes together." Pope spoke sarcastically.

"Does anyone know how to dive?" Kiara asked, ignoring popes comment. "Anyone?" They all looked away from the boat avoiding the question. 

"It's kind of a kook sport" JJ mentioned, scratching the back of his neck. 

Pope raised his hand, hesitantly saying his next words, "I read about it" 

"I listen to the summery you gave me about it!" Sophia chimed, nodding to the boy. 

"Great, pope read about it so, someone's gunna die." Kiara finished. 

"Look, you put the thing in your mouth..and breathe, how hard can it be?" JJ questioned.

Sophia went to correct JJ but Pope beat her to it, "well if you come up too fast, nitrogen gets in your blood and you get the bends" 

"The bends like," JJ leant forward, sticking his butt out to look at pope, "bend over?"

"The bends kill you." Pope stated

The lighthearted expression was wiped from JJ's face "Oh. Right."