16

"Hey Shou, remember that girl you were talking about? Suzuki? The one you said you thought might actually be a vigilante but decided never to tell me about? The one in my class? Who had a nervous breakdown that you also decided not to tell me about until like, hours later? Do you remember-?"

"Yes," snapped Shouta, glaring over at Hizashi with red-veined eyes. He was trying to take a much needed nap before their field trip to the USJ, but judging by Hizashi's indignant expression that wasn't going to happen. Though he'd never say it directly, the man had been pissed ever since Shouta decided to inform him of the suspicions he had about Suzuki. Instead it had just been passive aggressive comments and waking him up in the middle of naps for an entire day and a half. "Yes, I remember. The point, please?"

"Oh, sorry, I was just making sure, because it seems like you've just been really forgetful recently. About mentioning things, you know, important things that people should know-"

"Hizashi, I swear to god, I will break up with you right now."

Hizashi just scoffed, smiling sweetly down at where Shouta lay bundled up in a sleeping bag on the couch. "I'd like to see you try. Who's going to get you coffee from that fancy place down the street, hm? The one you refuse to step foot in because it would ruin your image?"

"Still you," Shouta grumbled, curling in on himself. "But maybe you'll be less obnoxious about it."

"Maybe. Or maybe I can be more obnoxious about it."

"Doubtful. I don't think that'd be possible."

"Bold of you to assume that I have reached peak levels of obnoxious."

"I'm calling HR," called Nemuri from across the room. "You two are disgusting."

"We aren't even touching each other!"

"So domestic. So boring. It makes me sick." Closing her book with a yawn she looked at the two through narrowed eyes. "Wait, did you just say 'vigilante'?"

"You misheard," said Shouta stiffly, glaring up at a flustered Hizashi.

"Uh, yeah, what I actually said was-"

"Never mind, I don't care." Nemuri had already opened her book once more, settling her glasses on her nose. "Let me know when whatever it is blows up in your face."

Shouta huffed into the warmth of his sleeping bag. "What, so you can bail us out? We can handle ourselves."

"No, so I can be there to take a picture. Duh."

"Supportive as always, Nemuri."

"I aim to please. Oh, shit, could that be my new tagline? Or is it too on the nose. Hmmm." Nemuri closed the book again, tapping her chin thoughtfully as she made her way out of the cluttered lounge. "I need to call my agent. Don't have make-up sex while I'm gone."

"We are grown adults, not hormonal teenagers," snapped Shouta at her retreating back. Nemuri only laughed.

"Sure. Whatever you say."

"Now who should be calling HR?" Shouta muttered darkly, glaring at the door before dragging his gaze back to a laughing Hizashi. "It wasn't that funny. What is it you wanted to talk about?"

"Hm? Oh, right. Suzuki Era? The girl you didn't tell me about?"

Shouta felt his eye twitch. "Yes, I know who she is."

"She didn't show up to homeroom today. I asked around, and she wasn't in her other classes either."

"...maybe she's sick?"